Chapter 55

Morifolium faces them with an awkward gaze, carefully observing them. "No one's gonna point those weapons at me...?"

(Y/N) glanced at his operators before looking back to him with a scowl on his face. "Aren't you the infiltration team from BlueWing?"

The liberi's companion, Sierra, takes off her helmet before reminding them. "Hey, you don't just say those words out loud when we're at the heart of enemy territory."

"Right. Sorry."

"We really have no time to stand and chat."— Ch'en reminds as she ran past the BlueWing elites.

(Y/N) turns his head towards the back, seeing Blaze and Franka specifically, who were looking at him already.

He gulps before raising his arm, directing his operators. "Franka! Cyclone! Take your squads. Hold this ground floor!"

Blaze turns her back on (Y/N), her actions repeated by Gavial and Matterhorn.

"Ch'en's all you're going to need up there, Doctor." Blaze assures him. "In the meantime,"

The white haired sankta from BlueWing taps (Y/N). Whispering, "Let's go."

He follows, his hand gesturing at Meteorite, Firewatch, and Suffering to come along.

If they could literally run, and as in run up the stairs, it would be better. As they are climbing up, Ch'en and Morifolium are three levels higher.

(Y/N) reaches the tenth level before he starts visibly gasping for air.

The women who were running behind him when they left the ground floor are now at the front.

"Can't we take the elevator?" he pleads to the sankta who's leading them.

As he looks up at her, he notices that the sankta was carrying on her back a big case. "That must be heavy?"

"No, too risky."— a terrified man's screaming voice cuts her off.

"RHODES ISLAND!! THEY'RE REALLY HERE"—

The man was silenced with the sound of a blade tearing fast through him.

"Too risky, and they won't have any back up." she continued before running again.

With that said, the Doctor tiredly blows the air out of his mouth as he lifts his heavy feet up the next step.

"Man I wish Blaze just joined us..."

As the Ch'en and Morifolium had themselves engaged in combat with the Reunion dwelling on the higher floors, it took (Y/N) less time to catch up.

Sierra pulls her pistol out right away as she entered the same floor as Morifolium and Ch'en, firing at the Reunion swordsmen outnumbering the two.

Firewatch follows, covering the hallway leading to the next flight of stairs as voices came from its direction.

(Y/N) glanced at Meteorite. "You know you can't fire your weapon indoors."

The sarkaz frowns at him. "I know that."

"Ah, well, just wanted to make sure..." he turns his gaze towards Suffering, standing behind him. "Uh, you could fire yours, too. You have a crossbow, right?"

The pink haired liberi takes a dissatisfied look at their surroundings, gasping before stepping to Firewatch's side, firing at the same direction.

They went up, a dozen more office floors, clearing them of Reunion occupants while on the way.

Ch'en slides her feet across the floor, going to the side as Morifolium kicks a table. His kick had enough force that it sends the table sliding towards three Reunion soldiers.