Chapter 77

(A/N: Here she is.)

One hand is in his pocket, while the other is held up partially, as Zero stares at his wristwatch.

In front of him, an osprey is preparing to take off, with its rotors ready to bring it to the air at a moments notice.

He twists to look back, and just in time, Kal'tsit and Amiya are already on their way.

A worker of the deck runs to them. "Doctor, everything's been prepped."

Kal'tsit quietly acknowledges, "Thank you."

The worker bows his head and runs away.

Rhodes Island's landship has been on the move for hours now, and this isn't their ordinary cruising speed.

For a massive moving structure, Nansei is shrinking fast. From when one needs to turn their heads to observe the length of the nomadic city, and it still wouldn't suffice, now they can see the entirety of the city walls that is facing Rhodes Island.

But they're still not far enough.

"By now, my agent is on his way, but I can still abort the mission." Zero informs the poker faced feline as she stood beside him.

"Mister, before we go. I want you to understand that there is no other way for Rhodes Island to get out of Higashinese territory safer than this."

"No, I'm not discouraging you in any way..." the sankta clears his throat.

"How about your second agent?"

"She'll be more than up to the task."

"Actually, Doctor Kal'tsit..." Amiya joins in. "... I was thinking, we don't need to risk any more lives of our operators by sending more, past Nansei and into Chernobog."

"It's what the BlueWing elite will do." Kal'tsit cuts her off, puzzling the cautus.

"Eh? So, she... wait..."

"Yes, Miss Amiya, she." Zero confirms before she could ask.

"... The key from Patriot?"

Kal'tsit nods. "We only need one extraction team for her afterwards. After our discussions with the daimyo, there wouldn't be much to threaten them."

"Although I would like to insist again, before that said team could leave, Granite can leave on her own and rendezvous with us back here."

"But we want it to be quick, and this also ensures, or if you would like to hear it another way, further ensures the safety of your employee, then there's no reason to complain."

Zero moves his head back with wide eyes. "Yes, of course. Apologies, if I ever sounded doubtful..."

Kal'tsit stares at the ramp leading to the aircraft's interior, it has been lowered a while ago. "It's time."

She steps forward. "Amiya, I will leave everything else to you."

"Yes, Doctor Kal'tsit. Please do take care."

Zero smiles at Amiya before following Kal'tsit.

The two gets inside and sits on opposite sides of the fuselage. Gradually, ramp is pulled back up.

Amiya watches in silence until the ramp has closed, until the aircraft gently lifts from the pad, and as it flew away towards Nansei's center.

The deck workers cleared the area, moving tools and equipment around in preparation for another takeoff.

Amiya strolls down multiple corridors, reaching the infirmary.

She approaches the front desk, smiling at the woman behind it.