Chapter 83.3

Gavial arrives at the floor, about to take a quick rest and catch her breath but her eyes saw (Y/N) on the floor.

She gasps, suddenly coughing hard right after. "DOCTOR!"

She stretches her leg forward, but Blaze blocks her with an arm. —"STOP!"

Gavial was just about to question her, until she saw the draco with a fiery glare.

"Oh, so we have new people to come up here." Talulah comments. "Are you here to take your Doctor away? If so, I could kindly let you pass."

"What?..." Blaze scowled.

"You might do a little kindness, but we'll still have to take you in..." (Y/N) said as he tries to get up again on sore legs.

"Damn it, I can't just sit here!"— Gavial runs past Blaze and pulls (Y/N)'s arm, taking it across her shoulder. "And you, Doctor, why'd you get this close to her?!"

Talulah silently stared while Gavial rushes with the Doctor back behind Blaze.

"Where's Flamebringer?" Blaze muttered as she looked at the burning floor. "Where the hell has he gone now?!"

"Your friend seems to not be very fond of talking." Talulah remarks about the sarkaz.

Blaze glares back at her. "You. You might want to give up now. Got no way out of here."

"Totally acceptable." Talulah replied. "I do not intend to leave my guests alone here. But talking is utterly destructive of many fruitful ways to use what little time we have, I would rather you do not waste any more."

"Who're you trying to scare off? HUH?!"— Blaze leaps forward, squeezing the trigger of her chainsaw.

Talulah's feet slid away, leading her chainsaw down to the ground, sparking as it tore into the tiled surface.

Blaze pulls and chases the draco, swinging her massive revving chainsaw upwards.

The draco darts out of the way, putting Gavial and (Y/N) in between the two of them.

Blaze straightens up and huffs, "What's this? You look scared."

"I simply know better not to attack without a plan."

"Well— your plan clearly failed now!" Blaze scoffs, sprinting past the Doctor and Gavial, swinging her chainsaw down from above Talulah's head.

Talulah dashes to the side, swinging her sword. Only the tip of her blade makes it as she moved rapidly, and slices Blaze's waist.

The feline stumbles, taking a moment calmly staring at her wound while gasping.

Gavial pushes (Y/N) to the wall close by the stairs and rushes to Blaze's side.

The latter slaps her hands away as she made an attempt. "I'm fine."

"YOU LOOK FUCKING FAR FROM BEING FINE SINCE HOURS AGO!!" Gavial scolded her.

"A tiny scratch like that, and you are already on the verge of giving up?" Talulah called their attention.

"It's just her." Blaze glanced at the medic beside her. "You're not that bad though, however, I have to say I'm always used to holding myself back even when the reason for me being called on the field has always been because we've encountered a hard-to-kill baddie."

"I appreciate the compliment. I can tell you're being genuine."

"I was." Blaze's voice starts changing with a deeper tone. "Ace died by your hands, after all."

Talulah raises an eyebrow. "That man from our first encounter in Chernobog...? So that was his name..."

The grip on the chainsaw hardens, enough that it would have it's handles crushed, were it not specifically made for Blaze.