Chapter 31

The soldiers from the local garrison varied from those who had sweat dripping down their faces, to those who are as calm and as cold looking as the several dead bodies nearby. Meanwhile, the ones from the army are more covered in terms of armor, and along with it, open face helmets equipped with a visor. All of them are in a similar state of mind as the cold looking troops of the garrison. Even though they are from different organizations, they all share the same dark bluish color on all their armor.

Same thing couldn't be determined with the case of Reunion though, the masks with nothing but a pair of black holes for the eyes and decorated with gray scratches hiding their faces well. Their entire formation, a horde lacking of any emotion.

Most of the city's forces have been repositioned to the three major warzones of the city in the last ten minutes.

But even with their numbers bolstered, they are still in a stalemate with the enemy.

Both sides have been taking casualties, though minimal. As the already nonsensical looking battle escalates, so did the number of bodies piling up, carried away to the back of their frontlines.

Ch'en stares at a pair of soldiers as they evacuate one of their own, shot dead just a few seconds ago.

Up until this point, all of the melee combatants Reunion or not have been doing nothing but watch their ranged counterparts do all the work alongside the defenders.

It might seem like what they are doing is pointless, but stealth is a more common thing on this modern battlefield. Anytime, an enemy may slip through their fortifications.

"Ch'en.... Ch'en."

The second time her name was called, she looked back.

Blaze was the one calling out to her from behind the cover of another shield. Her one hand holding on to the handles of the shield used for when it is being moved across the battlefield. She had her other hand holding on to her arm as she leaned to it, seemingly bored, while everyone else around her have all their attention on the enemies at the front.

"I think the situation would have been better if I was up there." the elite suggests, though her suggestion is useless now that she's on the ground, hiding safe behind all the fortifications.

"That wouldn't be an option even if we've considered it back at the landship."

"What?.."

Ch'en could only show the feline herself taking a deep breath. The latter picked up on it and just shrugs it off, returning to doing nothing.

Not even ten seconds have passed, Blaze groaned in 'agony'. "I'm so close! So damn close!"

"We'll get our own chances, Blaze. For now you will NOT do anything reckless!!"

Movement from behind Ch'en prompts her to turn and look at Franka after reminding the feline to her other side.

The vulpo is another one putting a display of boredom, sitting on the ground and had the back of her head leaning against the metal. "We've all had our reckless times, why can't we add one from this fight?" She speaks without looking back at the lung. "Oh, and don't get me wrong here, before anything else is said, I'd like to clarify that I'm only saying this because sitting here like a beggar is giving me more pain."

"I wasn't planning on judging you or anything, don't worry."

Franka's eyes grew as she looks at Ch'en, who was looking at her calmly. "Oh my, you really just learned to be nicer to everyone, huh?"

There the latter frowned. "What does that mean?"

A high-pitched whistling sound approximately a hundred meters above them turns people's heads up.