Chapter 63

Another long journey.

During this long drive of nothing but anticipating an ambush by Reunion forces in the northern district, they encountered snipers, opening fire at the turrets where Satell, Exusiai, and Greythroat have their upper bodies exposed as soon as they get the chance.

All of their shots keep missing though, and the three marksmen just shot back, with just as much inaccuracy as their more stationary counterparts.

"Get down, all gunners!" Ch'en says aloud.

Satell, the gunner of their vehicle, turns around, making a hand sign for the other two marksmen to see.

She steps down, just as another bolt ricocheted on the roof of the van, followed by Exusiai's retaliating gunfire from the camper's back.

Satell shuts the hatch and kneels down, taking a deep breath before checking her crossbow.

"We'll be at the north-east border in one minute." Onyx informs (Y/N) and the others from the driver's seat.

(Y/N), sitting beside her, lowers his head.

A towering wall at the front. Painted new, but there are parts of it that have been charred by mortar explosions. Large cracks nested these black spots.

Its gates, shattered. Reunion did move the debris aside, a convenience for them who's about to pass through.

"That's it." the Doctor murmurs.

Tires screeched, prompting (Y/N) to look at his side mirror.

Mostima has slowed down, and moved away from the middle of the road.

She only picks up speed once the third van driven by Franka paralleled with her.

Exusiai's gunfire can be heard, and Greythroat is up their hatch again, firing at a group of Reunion soldiers riding in tandem.

"Keep your foot on." he reminds Onyx, who firmly keeps her foot on the pedal.

One of the riders positioned far ahead of the convoy slows down, so slow that (Y/N)'s vehicle zooms past almost instantaneously.

The rider — who has a halo over the motorcycle helmet, then swerves into the middle of the road, and slips past the camper and second armored van.

"Sierra, right?" (Y/N) asks in a slightly panicked voice.

Onyx answers him with a more relaxed tone. "Yeah."

Sierra's bike keeps slowing down, until the pursuers passed by too fast to react to her.

She pulls out her pistol and fires at their pursuers from behind, keeping her hand on the throttle bar while twisting it as she starts chasing down the Reunion riders.

Greythroat and Exusiai kept firing, but restricted their shots to only the riders aligned with the back of their vehicles.

The snipers riding at the back of their comrades' bikes struggled loading the next bolt with pressure from two sides, giving the Rhodes Islanders an easier time shooting them out of the road.

Sierra shoots the back tires of the two motorcycles in front of her, before speeding away, slipping between the vans and back to the front with the other bikers.

The marksmen of the two vans finishes off the remainder of their pursuers, popping their tires, and breaking headlights and helmet visors.

The riders uncontrollably turned their bikes off course, smashing into the buildings and debris at the side of the road.

Mostima goes ahead, repositioning her van in front of Franka's.

"Having sanktas in the squad always helps..." (Y/N) comments as he leans back.