Chapter 57

— Highway, 11:46 AM —

"Let's go." Texas signals right before sprinting away with her sword, meeting three guerilla soldiers that quickly surrounded her.

Mostima steps in front of Exusiai, as if shielding her. "You heard her."

The latter nods, cocking her gun again while the fallen angel slows down the guerilla heavies with explosive arts.

Exusiai aims at the fast moving, light infantry heading towards them, taking them down with short bursts of fire.

The other normal soldiers of Reunion began reappearing among the human waves charging towards the three operators.

Their roaring voices shouting with terrifying determination.

What sounded like a giant clock's tick echoes all over the place, with Mostima holding her staff steadily.

"Take care of them." she tells the red haired sankta.

Exusiai glanced between the sankta and the enemies around them, who were running, but moving slower than a walking man.

She aims at the lighter infantry first, shooting everyone as if she is in a race.

The helpless guerilla and Reunion soldiers dropped to the ground as soon as her bullets penetrated their bodies.

Next, Exusiai goes for the snipers way  back at the side of the highway, again shooting them with two to three bullets each.

Her magazine runs out, abruptly stopping her just as Mostima's casting finishes.

Mostima takes a long step forward, swinging her staff. Another series of explosions burns parts of the road along with the soldiers caught within them.

"Do they ever talk in battle?" she wonders.

Texas runs by her explosions, picking off unwary targets whose focus was on the sanktas.

Exusiai stops shooting after killing another grunt, responding to Mostima as she looks for her next target. "We rarely talk in a serious battle too, isn't that right?"

The latter pursed her lips. "Right. But, you're serious, right now?"

Exusiai stops shooting and frowns at her. "What, are you not?"

Mostima draws her staff to the front, casting another explosion a few meters from where they stand. The fireball sends a shockwave the duo immediately felt with their clothes fluttering wild for a brief moment. The same shockwaves on the other side of the fireball sets a group of bolts that were darting towards the angels off course.

"I'm not. You know that." she answers casually.

Exusiai blinks several times, from the dust and just her, still unable to believe the scale of power one can have while not putting serious effort into their arts right away.

"Up." Mostima utters before casting her arts on the sky above them, where guerilla jetpack soldiers started flying over. "We're not done yet. Look at poor Texas."

The aforementioned lupo, still relentlessly murdering every person clad in black Ursus army clothes, is starting to have a lot of blood on her clothes. The blood of her enemies.

Though she takes some time just to slay a single guerilla fighter, she switches back and forth between them, as the guerillas are always piling up and surrounding her.

After deflecting the axe of the first guerilla, she rapidly turns to the next directly behind her, deflecting his axe, too.

She dashes towards the third fighter to her left. Only dodging his axe, she slips past him and a fourth fighter, striking their backs before they can turn their front sides to her.