Chapter 41

(Y/N)'s eyes slowly opened.

It was blurry, but he can see a white surface in front of him.

He blinked, and after a while, the white surface in front of his eyes was actually the bright lights at the ceiling.

His gaze wanders around this ceiling at first. But then in the corner of his eye, he sees a metal rod that is suspended in the air by some thinner rods.

The horizontal rod is where the curtains are attached.

"Wait... curtains?"

(Y/N) started glancing at his sides.

"How did I end up.... in an emergency room?"

The sound of footsteps entered his ears. He doesn't know how to feel about it.

He stared at the gap between two curtains and waited.

Not for long.

The curtains were swept to the side partially by a green haired woman.

"Oh, Doc... you're awake, about time." she said, could be a greeting.

"So I'm back..." he thought. "Gavial..."

The woman dressed in mostly black clothing stood by the side of his bed. "Kal'tsit's real pissed at you right now, you know that?"

"I expected that.." (Y/N) sighed.

While thinking, his eyes widened as he faced Gavial. "Wait, I remember something happened to us—"

"Reunion is getting real good upgrades in their arsenal."

(Y/N) stopped at her sudden comment. ".. huh?"

"You were hit by a big damn cannon, you big— well, whatever..."

"Where are the others —"

Before he could finish, Gavial swiped the curtains close to the wall, completely revealing to (Y/N) the entirety of the massive room.

A lot of the beds are occupied.

(Y/N) felt his legs weaken as he saw it. He completely lets all his weight to the bed.

"I've... I've done it.." he murmured with clenched fists, he might want his palms to bleed. "I've done it again..."

Whack!

A board hits his forehead.

"That hurt..."
"Yikes..!"
"Miss Gavial!—"
"Lucky Doc..."
"What's wrong with you?!"

The last one was probably meant for the fourth person who commented.

(Y/N) placed his hand over his forehead. Looking up, he finds Gavial looking down on him with the clipboard. She's holding it like it's something actually made for slapping people.

"Your overreaction Doc... it makes me shiver... you poor thing."

"Ahh..." was all that (Y/N) says.

"Heard all of them? You're all in good shape."

(Y/N) wasn't sure to believe it so easily. "Everyone?.. How?"

Gavial shrugs her shoulders. "Of course, none of you in here saw it, but those at the D.M.Z. did."

He felt some relief hearing that.

"— though.. when you were brought back to the landship, Mostima was escorting you."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened once more.

"Mostima?"

Gavial stares at him. "Yeah? That weird sankta who's always smiling."