Chapter 91

Crownslayer moves towards Nansei, but a floor-to-ceiling window divides them.

For a while, she stares at the quiet scenery before her.

"You're gonna help me." W called from behind an array of control panels.

The lupo quietly approaches, watching as the mercenary fiddled with the buttons and levers.

"Do you have the key?" Crownslayer asks, to which W raised the item in question, dangling from her fingers.

Crownslayer walks away and to the entrance they came from, a couple of fortified sliding doors. "I'll just wait here, if you have nothing to give me."

"Exactly, you can stand there and be the best guard you can be."

She doesn't throw a retort back at the sarkaz, only sighing to herself as they both take in the rumbling of all the machinery beneath their feet.

Outside, massive tracks of Chernobog sets in motion, furthering the distance with Nansei.

Nansei sat still in the desert, parts of it burning, but to it, Chernobog's sudden move is not a threat big enough.

Crownslayer is now farther from the glass windows, but she has more attention on the outside than W.

"They really won't use those cannons...?" she whispers.

W stops, turning her head to the direction of Crownslayer's gaze. "As far as I'm concerned, you shouldn't hope for those to be aiming at us.

"Right now, we are less of a threat to Nansei. You have to thank Rhodes Island for that."

"I'm just feeling off." Crownslayer denies.

W shifts her gaze and smirks at the lupo. She relieves herself of the controls and paces closer to her. "Are you really, only feeling off? Or is there a truth to that?"

"What?"

"What do you think?"

Crownslayer frowns.

W is showing a smug attitude towards her again. "Did you believe me?"

Seeing there's nothing in the room but the two of them, Crownslayer glares into the woman's eyes.

"You're a sarkaz. I will always be wary of trusting you."

W hummed. "I say now... what dear Leader should have done is just drive straight into Lungmen, if that is what she intended in the first place, instead of trying to muster up any strength."

"But we did get the manpowe"-

"And where are they?..." W cut her off, "Right now?"

Crownslayer wants to pull her knife out, but restrains herself, even as her hand began to shake.

W smiles, "You're still a kid."

"Why are you saying all of this- all of a sudden?!"

The sarkaz steps back with her hands behind her. "Let's see.. am I sad?"

Acting like she's actually thinking hard irritates the lupo, now close to baring her fangs behind the cloth covering her face.

"I'm just giving you a recap." W concluded, happily. "All you had to do is think about it hard enough. As for me, I'm just doing the Leader a last favor."

Crownslayer's thoughts are a mess. She opens her mouth, but nothing comes out. Her chest is starting to pound for whatever reason.

"Is it finally there...?" W crossed her arms. "My advice, you learn from this."