Chapter 7

After a pressurizing conversation with the boss 'slash' recruiter of a major competitor to their company, Franka just wanted to call it a day.

The effort they are putting up with events such as business meetings are tremendous, not that she couldn't handle it, she is more than capable. It just feels like it's too much.

Now I know what it feels like to be a maid.... She certainly acted like a maid back there.

She entered their dorm, pretty much a giant bedroom with two bunk beds. Common things you'd find in a standard bedroom like desks and bookshelves.

Walking to the side of one of the two bunk beds, she had her grip on the ladder already when partner called.

"Welcome back." Liskarm greeted her, though it didn't sound like a greeting at all, more like when you had to welcome someone you expected will be gone forever for good.

"Yeah. Thanks for the bright greeting." Franka said, disappointed in her partner, then she thought of an idea.

She released her grip of the ladder and instead walked quietly towards the smaller vouivre who at the moment was doing some basic small maintenance with her gun at the desk.

Liskarm almost jumped from the chair. She dropped the gun on the table and caused some of the pieces to roll off the table when a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around her waist from the back.

"WHAT?— FRANKA!"

The mischievous vulpo giggled at her reaction. Franka can't directly see it, but she knew the other woman is already hot red.

"Did you miss me?~" Franka teased her partner.

Liskarm stopped struggling.

"Hm, not struggling, so you do miss—"

"Shooting you." Liskarm cuts her off.

Franka paused the moment she heard what her partner said.

Liskarm gave her the side eye. Franka unwrapped one of her arms and started poking Liskarm's cheek on the side that wasn't facing her.

"Oh come on, why do you have to deny that? It's obvious you can't shoot—"

Franka was cut off again when Liskarm, without getting her eyes off the vulpo, pulls out a sheet of paper, Franka's face imprinted on it and filled with bullet holes.

"You.."

"It's obvious, right?" Liskarm casually said while still holding up the paper.

Franka finally lets go of the vouivre.

"Hmph, that maybe all that you are capable off, or you're too mad for having a crush on me." Franka said, with the teasing tone in her voice again. "Eitherway, I want to take a nap, so be quiet okay? Don't sneak up on me. If you want something, be brave and ask me directly. I'll be waiting~"

Franka gave Liskarm a smile that the vouivre can describe as flirty and annoying but somehow attractive.

With Franka finally settling down on her bed, Liskarm went back to fixing her gun.

After reassembling, she holstered her gun on her right thigh as she stood up. Liskarm then walked toward the door.

As she was right in front of the door, she looks at Franka, who was laid on her side, the vulpo's back was all she could see. The bushy brown tail.

She then went out of their dorm and made her way to the training facility.

Back inside, Franka was actually still awake, scrolling on her phone and doing what she can to make her own research about BlueWing. All she could find were general information and advertisements.

"Too much." She whispered as she continued scrolling, hoping to find anything. "Ugh... tons of articles, but they're all pointing out to the same thing."

She eventually turned off her phone and just took a nap like she originally intended.

Being the topic of their higher ups, the contest of theories about the new partner company's intentions became a trend inside Rhodes Island.

Everyone is hooked up with the trend. Some are plain curious. Some want to test their self proclaimed detective skills. What is sure though is most of Rhodes Island is trying to distract themselves from their recent defeat. For some, until they can get even with Reunion, they will never be at peace.

They can't say they lost against Reunion. They can't say they won against them either.

Later that evening, shifting of workers was about to start in Rhodes Island's production facilities.

Ch'en arrived at the control center after being called by Amiya.

"Amiya." Ch'en called out as she approached the smaller rabbit girl.

Amiya was still talking to other operators and staff when Ch'en arrived and so the latter stood nearby.

The other operators left after a few exchange of words with the cautus before returning to their places. Amiya then faced the lung waiting for her.

"We have word from mister Zero. He said he will be arriving the day after tomorrow. Coming with him are some of their own employees." Amiya got into the point immediately. "I'd like to ask if it isn't too much, maybe—"

"I'll inform the logistics." Ch'en cuts her off.

"Mmhm. Right before you discharge them for the night."

"No problem."

"Um, have you had your dinner, madam Ch'en? If not I'll just ask someone else, forget I even asked you to do it."

"I did. Don't worry Amiya. Is that all?"

"Yes."

"Okay, then I'll be heading out." Ch'en said as she turned around and walked back to the door.

Amiya also turned her back when she remembered something, causing her to immediately face the lung again. "Madam Ch'en!"

Ch'en stopped the second she was called and looked at Amiya again.

"What is Doctor doing right now?" Amiya asked with concern.

"He's working. The usual work I believe." The lung answered straight.

"Oh, that's nice to hear. That's all I want to hear, thanks for telling me."

Ch'en nodded and walked again.

"Have a good evening!" Amiya said as a goodbye.

"You too." Ch'en replied without looking back but raising her hand and waving slightly.

The doors closed again after Ch'en left the control center.

Amiya stare at the door for a moment before turning around.

"Why ask her personally?"

"Huh?" Amiya looks at Dobermann.

"We have cameras on his office too."

"Um, I just.. felt like asking her." Amiya answered with a smile.

Dobermann stared like she wanted a deeper meaning from it.

"Instructor? Why are you...?"

"It's nothing, I just thought sometimes you can be weird also. That's what happens when you get too close to that Doctor."

Amiya gave her a genuine laugh. Dobermann placed a hand on Amiya's head and lightly rubbed it.

"Hey! Stop treating me like a kid!" Amiya said to the taller perro.

"Oh you aren't huh?"

"I AM NOT!"

"Okay, okay, back to work." Dobermann said with a chuckle before going back to monitoring all the cameras scattered around the landship. Amiya went to another direction where a desk and a swivel chair was waiting for her.