Chapter 76

"At least, arrest him." Greythroat answers Rigel.

He flashes a smile at her. "Huh, displaying compassion towards your enemy. Despite how ruthless you people can be, you still have it in you, huh?"

"I simply see potential in him. He could be a capable asset to Rhodes Island, should we be able to transform him."

Onyx and Sierra drops Faust to the ground after dragging him away from the corpse-filled portion of the street.

The weeping pythia doesn't even intend to get up from the ground now, his arms out and lying flat on the road.

Rigel waited for the operators, but none of them said a word.

He steps closer to the boy. "It seems this is not yet your time to die."

Faust looks up, but can only see the sarkaz's boots. "... I don't even care about it anymore..."

Rigel looks away for a moment, and goes back to him. "You can hate BlueWing all you want, remember the name, BlueWing International. But thank Rhodes Island."

"... I have nothing to thank them for... never.." Faust says with gritting teeth.

"Even when it is us who killed your squad and your friend...?"

Faust didn't answer again.

Rigel sighs, paired with his head drooping down. "It is what it is, then."

— "Over there." Sierra utters, pointing her gun.

Everyone followed where she was aiming.

A lupo in a red hoodie silently treads past the bloodsoaked street, keeping a glaring look at the operators up ahead.

"Red?" (Y/N) called.

Texas makes a movement with her sword hand. (Y/N) throws a quick glare at his assistant, making her step back out of his sight.

The lupo, Red, goes past the BlueWing mercenaries, with the latter freely letting her pass, seeing that the Doctor knows her.

The rest of the operators didn't make any suggestive moves aside from Texas.

"Doctor (Y/N)." Red spoke, "Doctor Kal'tsit sent me with new instructions for your squad."

(Y/N) couldn't stop taking a deep breath as he heard it.

Red continues, "Rhodes Island and the city's armies have retreated, they surrendered the eastern plates to Talulah..."

"Surrendered? Rhodes Island?" Blaze interrupts her. "Sorry, I'm sure that's not a bad idea for Nansei but Rhodes Island wouldn't"—

"You misunderstood," Red cuts her off. "Doctor Kal'tsit wants you to proceed with a counterattack, reclaim the towers back from Talulah."

(Y/N) gasps, and puts his hand over his eyes as he sighed. His hand then brushes down to cover his mouth as he looked away, shaking his head.

After a short while, he raises a finger, "Wait a second... has she ever considered how badly beaten up we'd be by now...?"

He steps aside, presenting his squad to the girl. "We have four wounded, Red. We lost our transports, my snipers are very close to running dry of ammunition."

Red gazes at the operators bearing a tired look on their faces, before returning to (Y/N). "This is a test."

"A what?"

"A test." Red repeats, though (Y/N) still frowned. "Doctor Kal'tsit puts her trust in all of you. Rhodes Island is about to leave the city."

"Now wait— hold on!..." Blaze sounds disappointed. "Just what is happening here?"