Chapter 50

(Y/N) has his eyes studying the back edge of Texas's sword as he held it with both hands. He pictures his current self in his mind, with his feet apart and his back that he's still struggling to keep straight.

It's like all his strength automatically goes to the hands. The sword isn't shaking in his hands, but he has a tight grip on it.

"I'm doing something wrong again. Right?"

After getting owned by Texas in front of his operators, he has since been isolating himself here in the right side corner to the back of the warehouse. He would only come up to Texas and to her only, and borrow her weapon.

Flamebringer's might be too heavy for him to lift.

Matterhorn's kukri had a weird design, which led (Y/N) to believe there has to be a more specific discipline to be applied when using it, or anything.

Most of his knowledge of different weapons aren't really filtered and legitimate. He bases on observations for most of the time.

Ch'en's sword, well, its origins are vague to him, and the stories about how to use it, his mind interpreted as only the worthy can hold this sword.

Cyclone's sword is okay, not too special in terms of the design and how to use it. His problem is how to approach the owner.

He could also borrow Franka's rapier, but no, he sure doesn't plan on using a fighting style similar to hers.

Texas really is his go-to. Aside from the fact that even this one he's holding in his hands is no more than just another copy from the lupo's endless arsenal of a thousand similar swords, well, this is where he started.

It's already their sixth day in this warehouse. He sure has spent a good chunk of his time trying to learn, but even until now, he can only do so much as stare while repeating the same stance.

"You know, it would be cool if I practice being more mobile instead?"

He brings his feet together and wanders away from his spot, just two steps away.

Lifting his head and looking away from the floor, he catches a glimpse of the others out in the driveway, definitely looking like they are having fun.

One sight that gets him more curious than anything else though is Onyx and Blaze. The two are laughing while Matterhorn is rubbing his forehead while seemingly hiding the rest of his face.

(Y/N) frowns as he draws his thoughts about it. "Is he smiling? He is! What are they talking about over there?"

He kind of wishes he could join them, but he had to reach their level first. These people are all adepts and with actual combat experience.

"They can smile so freely."

The inevitable feeling of being left behind. He's starting to feel like he can now relate to the likes of Vanilla and Jessica.

No, they are even higher than him right now.

"You okay?"

(Y/N) turns around, seeing Silesia, accompanied by Texas?

Now that is something new to him, and causes him to stutter. "Oh y-yeah, I'm good."

He looks at the kuranta from head to toe. "Do you need something?"

Silesia quickly waves it off with a quick laugh, "No, just keeping her company."

"I didn't ask to be accompanied." Texas responded rather monotonously.

"Come on..!" the man jokingly tried to make the lupo change her opinion. It's useless.

(Y/N) chuckles as Silesia ends up uttering an awkward 'uh'.