Chapter 78

Exusiai is sitting on the floor, loading what little amount of bullets remained in magazines she previously used together into some of said spent magazines. She fills up two, though the second isn't fully loaded.

Still, this would be of little help. Probably.

She sighed as she slipped her new mags into her pouches.

In the process of storing her ammunition, she catches Greythroat's stare.

Exusiai smiles at her, as she would with everyone else.

"That sigh didn't feel good." Greythroat spoke under her breath.

"Eh, you know this will happen eventually..."

As Exusiai speaks, Ch'en overhears their conversation, and asks, "Running dry?"

The angel straightens her back. "I managed to make use of leftovers. But I really feel like we're going to... yeah, run out."

She gives Jessica a glance.

"I still have half of mine." the latter said, showing her own magazines.

(Y/N) looks at Liskarm, and the latter notices as she secretly does her own inventory. "Uh, Doctor?"

(Y/N) lowers his head while staring directly at her eyes, and Liskarm reports.

"I'm low on ammo too."

Ch'en sighs, earning (Y/N)'s look as he just did the same gesture.

"What?" she asks.

(Y/N) shakes his wide eyes back to normal. "Nothing... I guess we wouldn't want to rely on sniper support too much now."

"Why not?" Sierra chimes in with a tilted head.

"Aren't you fighting more nonstop than us?" Ch'en asks her. "Don't tell me you have more than what Exusiai has...?"

"No problem, I have two guns. So means double the stocks." Sierra says, practically bragging.

Exusiai moans in envy. "When will I have my eight guns???!"

"Why eight?" Sierra looks puzzled at the sankta.

"Why not?"

"You can only hold two at a time, that's impractical."

"She's not really looking much at the practical side when it comes to the stuff she likes, I guess." (Y/N) whispers.

Ch'en walks away, approaching Franka.

All their eyes followed the lung for no reason.

Franka stared at Ch'en while she seems preoccupied, even as she had already reached the vulpo's side. "What's the matter?"

Ch'en looks away, then faces the Doctor behind her. "Can I decide this time?"

"I mean... you're pretty much more in charge than I am."

No, Ch'en would always take the lead, but as soon as (Y/N) steps up, she would give back full authority over the squad's actions back to him without hesitation.

Truly, their system is very out of a proper order.

"I know you wouldn't like what I have to say, so promise me." Ch'en hinted.

Obviously, she said it, now he feels uneasy without even hearing what it really is. But time and time again, though she's pretty much doing gambles everytime just like (Y/N), Ch'en will always charge head first into every gamble, no matter how many times she lost.

Her decisions have the potential to be just as dangerous as the Doctor's. It's not like (Y/N) wanted to see her screw up, she's just... more trustworthy.