Chapter 48

From his bed, (Y/N) goes straight to the mess area.

There he finds Matterhorn, Gavial, Blaze, Ch'en, Franka, and Liskarm.

"We're having quite the gathering here, huh?" he says as if greeting them.

"Morning, Doc." they greeted back, though with slight variations.

On the table, he finds the same paper bags from yesterday, with some of the boxes and cups distributed among the operators dining around the table.

"Fast food again.."

"I know what he's thinking." Blaze hints as she points her finger on (Y/N). She's still having food in her mouth. "'We're having fast food again?'"

"Right." (Y/N) lazily confirms as he sits next to Matterhorn, digging his share up from the paper bag.

Franka swallows before speaking. "I heard before, madam Ch'en's binging on instant noodles way back in university, and even today she's still fond of it"—

"I'm not." Ch'en cuts her off with a raised tone. "I was too busy to have time for a decent meal."

"What, it's still decent. Though it won't compare to this guy's creations." (Y/N) comments and nudges Matterhorn.

"I agree, Franka eats a lot more when it's made by mister Matterhorn.", Liskarm reveals, pretty much getting a surprised look from Blaze.

"Hey." Franka whispers with a suddenly deep toned voice as she glares at the vouivre with wide eyes.

The man being the center of the topic meanwhile just chuckles.

(Y/N) closes the box containing his food and stands up. "Okay, you know what, you're embarrassing him. Let's take the next table." he offered.

"No sir, I don't mind it at all, truly." the forte declines.

The Doctor sighs as he sits down again. "Politeness is cool, but I don't want to hear it too much."

From a distance, Cyclone squad is watching from one side of the closed warehouse doors while having their morning drinks.

They're all drinking coffee.

"I feel kind of, overwhelmed here." Onyx said to the three.

Silesia agrees, "I get you."

"They look so close to each other, but they really are from different companies too, just like us, right?" Satell asks.

Onyx answers her. "While Blacksteel is indeed here, most of this team do comprise of Rhodes Islanders."

Silesia looks over at Cyclone, who's quietly staring at the Doctor and the others with him, while slowly drinking from his black mug. "You're burning your mouth again."

Cyclone gives him a glance. He gulps a little more and lowers the mug.

"Don't stare too hard at them." the kuranta added.

"These connections you notice between them. They're deep." the perro tells them. "They have done something most people would see as unforgettable in the past, together."

"You can tell?" Onyx asks, she is getting anxious.

"Why can't you?" he asks back.

"They are all nice people."—