Chapter 47

(Y/N) looks at Ch'en, who's not yet answering him.

He also glances at Blaze, whose lips just formed a thin line.

Ch'en calls out, "Cyclone."

"So that's what we're here for..." Onyx whispered.

Cyclone steps forward. "I'm using my sword on him. Make sure you are okay with that."

"Don't you have control over your actions?" Ch'en asked.

"We will know if you are planning something else besides injuring him to teach him the way of things." Blaze voices in a threatening way.

"Hmph." the perro huffed.

(Y/N) looks back and forth between them. "Wait, real combat training already??"

"Nope, don't worry, Doctor." Ch'en reassures him. "Texas, you're up."

(Y/N) makes an oh sound and steps aside as he expects Texas to pass through.

The lupo, however, stops behind his back and taps his shoulder. "Come."

She walks away while putting a chocolate stick in her mouth.

(Y/N) awkwardly looks back at the others before following. They went to the dead end of the driveway.

Texas stops, then faces the Doctor.

(Y/N) just starts uttering incomprehensible words. "U-uh, what, err... um, Texas?"

"Hold it up."

"Oh, uh..."— he takes a second to realize what she's saying, and raises the sword at his front.

"Where do you feel most comfortable?"

"What do you mean?"

"When holding a sword, which hand do you feel is most compatible with it?"

"Oh..." his hands take turns on holding and lightly swinging the sword. "... I don't really know... maybe I should just learn dual wielding. That would be easier, right?

The lupo keeps staring at him. (Y/N) wants to stare back but the chocolate stick that's moving while half of it is in the woman's mouth keeps getting his attention.

"What a lucky pocky..."

"I guess that's a no." he concludes.

"Not really." she says right after him. "But even with that style, one hand is moving more than the other."

"I thought so, too."

He didn't.

"Well, moving on, try to hold it up with two hands for now."

(Y/N) follows her instructions, and holds the sword at the height of his waist. The tip is farther from him than the rest of the blade, as it should be.

"I'm doing this correctly?"

"Swing it to the left."

He does as he is told. Keeping his feet on the ground as if he is anchored.

"To the right."

He strikes the air as fast as he could. He can even hear the air being split, but faintly due to the blade being thin.

"How do you feel?" Texas asked.

"I feel like, my movement is limited. I should be moving my feet."

"You're not wrong, but it's more because your hands aren't in the right places."

"You should really apply to be an instructor when we get back to Rhodes Island."

She walks over and goes behind him. She places her hands on the hilt over his own.