Chapter 48.2

No matter where you turn, you will have one heck of a bumpy ride. Real off-road experience. So long as you are in the forest.

With how fast Texas is going, every now and then they will come across rocks that are big enough to send the four of them a centimeter into the air for a brief moment.

That's not even them being chased by enemies yet.

"M-miss Texas!"— Liskarm struggles to speak continuously as she is increasingly anxious about the bumps on the road. "You're going a bit.... too fast!"

"Liskarm's gonna punch a hole on the roof!" Franka added, half of her concerned about the vehicle and half of her teasing the vouivre. There is a hint of enjoyment in her voice.

Meanwhile, on the front seats, Texas's poker face keeps on while Exusiai is grinning.

"Woohoo!! To the north we go!!" the sankta cheered.

"HEY! SLOW DOWN!!" Liskarm shouted.

"If you have your seatbelts on, everything should be fine." Texas casually tells them before making a sharp evasive turn around what looks like just a small rock.

She held her breath as her abdomen got squeezed by the belt so sudden, Liskarm felt like vomiting.

She recovers rather quickly. "I wasn't prepared for this!"

"You'll get used to it!" Exusiai shouted.

"Let me be the driver on our way back!"

Liskarm glares at Franka as she just keeps laughing at her.

Ten minutes of continuous off-roading, and Texas can see a wall in the distance.

She looks from left to right, the wall seems to be extending endlessly. She keeps going forward.

"TEXAS!!" Liskarm yelled.

Texas ignores the yelling. She has become unaware that the backseats aren't the only thing she's not paying attention to.

Her eyes widened in surprise, she spins the wheel to the right but was too late.

The front tire hits a rock that is larger than usual.

Liskarm's horns hit the metal roof with a loud clunk, and with it, a spark.

Electric currents crackled, crawling all throughout the vehicle's interior.

"WOAH!!" Exusiai yelled as the currents passed them.

It goes into the front of the van and at that moment, the engine stalled.

Exusiai closed one eye upon hearing the sound.

Texas still has her eyes forward, poker-faced.

Luckily, she had the wheel spun to the left, and they watched as they barely managed to avoid a tree.

Then the van stopped.

Exusiai steps out of the vehicle and runs to the front.

She opens up the hood and her head automatically moved away as smoke came up to her face. She rushes fixing the hood assist in place and steps away, letting her hard coughs come out.

Texas follows with the others.

"I'm not going to address you as a miss from now on, it doesn't fit you." Liskarm said.

"Fair enough." Texas briefly accepted. "Toast..."

"Yeah," Franka agrees. She turns around and starts coughing as well. "Too much smoke!"