Chapter 62

(A/N: Sheesh)

For some reason, everyone just stood around the wendigo for a whole minute. Even (Y/N) would like to question what they are thinking, paying respects? They barely knew him. Though he is a warrior. More than a warrior, in fact.

Kal'tsit speaks as she observes what is now basically a giant statue. "His crystallization rate is over sixty percent now. Even a Sarkaz shouldn't be able to move."

With a glance and an arm extending out, Franka silently orders the operators back to the column of vehicles.

"His consciousness has already dissipated... However, his iron will continues to ripple from his body." Kal'tsit steps forward. "...Buldrokkas'tee."

"Don't touch him." (Y/N) warns.

Kal'tsit glares at him. "You would be better off minding your own safety."

"Resentment. Hatred. Remorse. It's all gone now." Amiya laments, her eyes never breaking contact with Patriot's now dimly lit red eyes. "The only thing that's left is wrath. The unwillingness to accept FrostNova's decision. The endless longing for Ursus and Kazdel...

"A fiery and unquenchable wrath. For all the injustice around the world. For all those who fell around him... Towards those that would play with the fates of others."

"To resist fate is to resist everything. Everything that contributes to the idea of 'destiny.'" says Kal'tsit like a miserable poet. "Buldrokkas'tee's wrath... scorched this entire world."

"This entire, injustice-filled world. Mister Patriot..."

(Y/N) slides his hands in his pockets as he sighed and turned away, walking towards their vehicles.

His operators were eyeing him as he got closer. He keeps his mouth shut, until he gets close enough to mumble his words.

He opens his mouth, but not one word comes out.

"What are we still doing here?"

"I think we should get moving now." Franka advises as she approached from behind.

He takes a peek from the back of the lead vehicle, Ch'en is sitting just behind the driver's seat, with her one arm wrapped and having a sling over her shoulder.

Gavial is still making adjustments with the bandages.

"How bad?" he asks, putting his arm on the edge of the doorway before resting his forehead on it.

Ch'en turns her head speaking with a mellow voice. "I only need one hand to fight."

"That won't do with me, Ch'en."

"I'm a little unlucky today." she leans back and sighs.

(Y/N) steps back and looks at Franka and Texas waiting behind him.

He glances at Blaze, who's still with Amiya and Kal'tsit, but they are looking at the sky, or at the burning tower. No one can tell as the three had their backs facing (Y/N) and the rest.

"Should we... send her back to the landship?" Texas asks.

The Doctor looks at the dirtied face of his lupo assistant. Both her and Franka didn't go through this battle unscathed, but it is to be expected.

"At least they weren't hit by..."

His eyes instinctively looked back to the middle of the road, though a questionable decision, he scans the road for the halberd.

"Has any of you seen his halberd?" he asks his two assistants.

Exusiai peeks from their second armored van. "Silesia blew it away, what's with his weapon, Leader?"