1. The Button 2.o Blows Up

Grian spread his wings and glided down from the tall jungle tree. A soft smile lit his face as he remembered X's song a couple days ago, about hitting a jungle tree.

A bigger smile appeared on the avian's face as his two birds landed on his shoulder, chirping. Pesky Bird was red, with yellow and blue wings, while Prof. Beak was dark blue with a little yellow. Since he has wings, parrots were the perfect pets for Grian.

He landed in front of his giant mansion, closing his sleek, feathery gray wings neatly behind his back. Stepping inside, Grian sighed at the gaping hole in the back. I need to finish that. He thought wistfully at the long-put-off project. But maybe not today. Let's not do it today.

Grian glanced at his arrangement of shulker boxes and sighed again. I need a sorting system.

He was manually sorting through his chests when Prof. Beak landed on his shoulder. "Yes?" Grian asked. The bird chirped, a piece of paper falling out from his beak. Grian caught the paper and spread it out on his knee, reading the paper.

Attention all Hermits! The letter said in Mayor Scar's neat handwriting.

The 'Button 2.o' has reached its final lamp. Please come to the shopping district immediately. We will all gather to see what will occur.

Mayor Scar

"Alright, guess we're going to the shopping district now." Grian said to Prof. Beak. "Wanna come along?"

Prof. Beak clicked his beak twice, and Pesky Bird came to land on Grian as well. "Off we go then." Grian said. Taking a running start, he lit a firework, which boosts his flying speed. Grian lifted into the air, rising once he was past the door of his mansion.

Grian stretched his gray wings and caught the wind with his flight feathers, floating above the trees. Prof. Beak and Pesky Bird circled him, chirping with delight. Grian grinned at his birds before turning with the tips of his wings and heading towards the shopping district.

As Grian arrived, he saw his fellow hermits emerging from the nether portal. Since Grian had the power of flight, with his wings, he didn't have to use the nether to get anywhere. The others, though, had to travel by the nether, another dimension where lava and fire ruled. Grian still had to go there, of course, since he had a mansion there as well, but he travelled by air when his parrots were with him. The overworld was less dangerous for them.

Grian first saw XisumaVoid, or Xisuma, or X, arriving by boat with his pet bee. Iskall85 and StressMonster101 came out of the nether portal, hand in hand. They were very good friends, and loved to troll each other. MumboJumbo followed, ducking awkwardly under the portal because of his height. ZombieCleo was behind him, arguing with FalseSymmetry about who-knows-what again. TangoTek popped out of the portal riding on his pet ravager, and ImpulseSV soon after on his ghast. They went over to Mumbo to talk about redstone stuff, which Grian knew absolutely nothing about. BdoubleO100, or Bdubs for short, appeared with GoodTimesWithScar, or Scar, and Grian hopped down to greet his fellow builders.

"What do you think's gonna happen?" Grian asked Scar, who was the Mayor.

Scar shrugged. "I dunno, but I think it'll be interesting." He said.

"Well, I'm excited." Bdubs said, rubbing his hands together.

The three of them waited, talking about building stuff, staring at the Button 2.o.

"It's dimming, it's dimming!" Impulse's voice cried. 11 heads turned in sync as the last lamp flickered and died out.

The hermits ran towards the button, curious about what was happening. Grian arrived first, gliding down with his wings.

A sizzling sound sounded as the hermits approached the button. Grian's eyes widened as he recognized the sound. TNT. "Run!" He screamed, but it was too late.

Explosions sounded. Everything flashed white in Grian's eyes before darkness took over, taking the hermit into unconsciousness.

------------------------------------

A/N: I write my stories on google docs so i had this fancy font for scar's handwriting, but you can't do it on wattpad

so now i'm sad :(

'edited' on Jan 23rd 2022

(future echo here, and i promise i'll put the font in one day, i'm just in class right now and it's inconvinient, someone pls remind me! :D)