32. Big G, Can I Have A Hug?

Grian wrapped his stiff wings around himself, listening to the racket outside. His friends were outside, fighting Dream, Sapnap, Bad, Bdubs, Scar and a new person called Punz, who had blue eyes and blond hair, basically the opposite of Sapnap.

Grian had wanted to fight, but Wilbur had said no. He said that Grian didn't have enough strength and flexibility in his wings to fly for today. Well, at least I'm not alone... Grian glanced at the sulking figure across the room.

Tommy was gripping his fingers tightly together, staring at a single place on the wall. Grian didn't know what he was feeling, but he could tell that he was a combination of down and anger.

As if he sensed Grian, Tommy turned around and met the avian's eyes. Grian blinked at Tommy, worried. The two stared at each other for a few more seconds before Tommy sighed and moved to sit beside Grian. Grian let Tommy rest his head on his shoulder and wrapped his right wing around the boy. Tommy sighed and nestled deeper into Grian's wings.

After a while, Tommy spoke. "Big G, I feel useless." He murmured, his voice pained.

Grian ran his hand through Tommy's blond hair. "It's ok, I do too." He said cheerfully. "But at least we have each other." He said.

Tommy sighed. "I don't want to think that Phil and False and Mumbo and Wilbur are out there, fighting for their lives against Dream, and... and... I'm just here, just relaxing and not doing anything!" Tommy pounded the seat he was sitting on. "I just get to be here, not doing anything, while Phil is risking his life out there!"

Grian wrapped his wings tighter around the boy. "I feel the same, Tommy." He confessed. "To think that our friends are fighting, outnumbered, all because I am unable to fight." He said. "But what can we do about it, Tommy?" Grian murmured.

"Nothing." Tommy snarled. "And that's why I'm mad. I can't do anything to help them."

"Maybe you can." Grian suggested. He would do anything to make Tommy happy. "Maybe we should prepare a feast. A celebration to welcome our friends when they come back victorious."

Tommy blinked up at Grian. "You really think they will win?" He asked, sceptical.

Grian shrugged. "I don't know." He said. "I have trust in Phil and Wilbur and False and Mumbo. But we don't know our enemies. Who knows if they'll win? Who knows if they'll lose? I don't know. You don't know. But we can always keep optimistic."

Tommy sighed again. "I suppose you're right." He muttered. "But am I the person who wants to bake bread?" He nudged Grian playfully.

The avian laughed. "Alright, alright." He said. "So what should we do?" He asked.

"How should I know?" Tommy retorted. "I don't come up with genius ideas like someone does." He teased.

Grian laughed. "Ok, fine." He said. "Want me to tell you a story?"

Tommy hesitated. Grian had expected this. Tommy didn't seem like the type of person to sit down and listen to stories. But to Grian's surprise, Tommy agreed. "Sure." He said.

Grian searched his brain for a good story until he found one. "Last year, which was the year where we had Hermitcraft Season Six, we had a civil war. It was one of the first wars in our world, but nowhere as serious as this one." He said. "And in that war- ohhh, it was ridiculous."

Tommy tilted his head. Ridiculous? He wondered. He had never met anyone who would call a war ridiculous, but this was Big G. Tommy continued to listen.

"So, I was on the G-team - that was our team name - and Mumbo was the spy for our team." Grian began. "Once, team STAR - that was the other team - decided to attack. And we had a code word for emergencies, you know."