13. Build Craze Begins...God These Hermits Are Grindy

George blinked at the huge structure in front of him. It had popped up within the night, and he didn't understand how. It was a huge castle, built medieval style, with vined walls circling around one half of the castle. The build itself wasn't quite complete yet, missing a top, but George could see a winged figure buzzing around the roof, placing bricks down.

The gate creaked open. George looked back down to see Phil appearing from the insides of the wall. "Did you guys build this?" George asked as Phil walked closer.

"No, Grian, Xisuma, False and Mumbo did." Phil said. George realized that the avian looked tired, with eye bags under his blue eyes.

"So what have you been doing?" George asked.

"Training with Tommy." Phil yawned. "He insisted we fight the whole night, just to practice for today." He said. "Tubbo was recording tapes with Wilbur. The lucky guy, he got to sleep the whole night."

"You should go and rest." George said. "You don't wanna be tired for the fight."

Philza looked uncomfortable. "I promised I'd help Mumbo with his redstone..." He said hesitantly.

"I'll help him." George offered. "I want to learn some redstone too."

"As long as you don't mind." Phil said, yawning. "He's upstairs. Grian's finishing the build and Mumbo's adding something in there. Tell Mumbo I'm sorry I can't help him." Phil instructed before heading back inside, looking like he could drop at any moment.

George explored the castle as he looked for Mumbo, taking in every single detail. The great hall, where there was an array of armor stands, holding iron and gold armor. The old fashioned, circling staircases on either side, circling back to a beautiful outlook of the battlefield, where you had a clear view of the opponent. On either side of the huge, gray glass window, there were two bubble columns, one leading up and one pulling you down. George stepped into the one where the bubble floated up and instantly was pushed up. He was surprised by the speed he was going and gulped down a mouthful of water by accident.

Coughing, George landed onto a platform, banging his knees in the process. "Ow." He muttered, pushing himself up. His clothes, George noticed, were already dry.

As the flapping of wings were heard, he looked up to see Grian, darting over to place a stone brick on the open wall. "Hi George!" He said cheerfully, waving to the short guy.

"Hello." George replied. "The water thing-"

"Oh, the bubble elevator?" Grian asked, landing lightly on the floor and closing his wings behind him. "It takes a while to get used to, don't worry." He said, flashing a grin at George. "Mumbo made it."

"I'm actually looking for Mumbo." George said hurriedly. "Do you know where he is?"

"Somewhere in the mechanics." Grian shrugged. "He's installing something. Just call for him, he'll answer." He told George.

"Ok, thanks." George said. As the winged man flew away, George peeked under the control table to see a mess of redstone. He called for the redstoner. "Mumbo?" George asked, his voice ringing through the mechanics of the control panel.

"Here!" Mumbo's voice replied, although he was nowhere to be seen.

"I'm here to help you with your redstone." George called. "Phil's taking a break. He's been sparring with Tommy the whole night."

"Sure!" Mumbo replied, then the tall hermit himself appeared, squeezing himself out of the small opening. "I'm going to make the hole bigger so you can fit down here. Not many people get accustomed to the tight spaces of redstone." Turning, Mumbo broke a couple of blocks, opening the hole to a four-by-four. "Follow me." Mumbo jumped into the hole, beckoning for George to follow.