11. Fox Ears Hear Everything...

Bdubs halted his horse as Wilbur appeared from the trees. "You're back!" He called to the tall british, who looked tired.

"Yeah." Wilbur said.

"How was it?" Bdubs asked, curious on how the war was going on.

"Good." Wilbur said simply.

Bdubs frowned. The brit seemed unwilling to reveal anything else. "What did you guys do?" He asked gently, trying to not pry.

"Sorry, I can't tell you." Wilbur apologized. "What if you're on the other side?"

"I'm not." Bdubs said.

"If you want to know what we're doing, you could join us." Will suggested, his eyes shining with sudden excitement. "You would be a great help!"

"I mean..." Bdubs was unsure where his loyalties stood. "I'm not sure yet."

"Bdubs, it would be so awesome! Imagine all the things you could do to assist our side!" Wilbur gasped. "And your horses! They would help us so much in a battle!"

"Would they die? I don't want my pure-breed horses to die." Bdubs cringed at the thought of his precious horses dying.

Wilbur quickly changed tactics. "But your speed would help us!" When he saw the skeptical look in Bdubs's face, he slowed down a little. "Ok, Bdubs, who do you think is right?" Wilbur asked.

Bdubs considered this for a moment. "I think Dream is overdoing it a bit." He admitted, remembering how furious the masked man was. Even with the mask, you could tell he was mad.

"Then join us!" Wilbur said. "Please, Bdubs? I don't want this war to tear us apart..."

"What would I do? How would speed help you?" Bdubs asked.

Wilbur considered this for a moment. "You could be a spy for us." He suggested quietly. "Join Dream's side and feed us information on them."

Bdubs felt a smile break on his face. You know, this is beginning to sound fun. "You know, that sounds quite fun." He said.

Wilbur smiled. "So...?"

"I'll join." Bdubs said, smiling widely. "I'll be your spy."

The two friends walked towards their village, talking happily and planning strategies.

But neither of them noticed the pair of fox ears disappearing into the jungle forest.

------------------------------------

A/N: thx for 1k again like jeez you guys are insane

sry for the short chapter, i promise they get longer... eventually.

word count: 377

also i realized, i've already published 13 chapters yet none of you rly know anything abt me (except furlona, don't you dare give out my personal info or i'll do the same to you)
so here's some basic facts abt me:

i'm female, i go by she/her pronouns. i'm the same age as furlona, but i'm not revealing more than that (idk how many of u are stalkers, i don't wanna give out personal info)

i'm a pisces (WHERE ARE MY FELLOW PISCES AT?)

oh yeah, and my username if Echo of the Past, (you should know that already) you can refer to me as Echo.

i think that's all, and see y'all again on friday

'edited' on Jan 23rd 2022