7. Fire! There's Fire and Now Poor Scar Has To Rebuild

Scar rearranged the flower pots, feeling the presence of the dirt with his power. He scratched Jellie, his cat's neck as she jumped up next to him. Jellie purred with delight and leaned towards him. Dream's cat, Patches, also jumped up beside Jellie. The two cats got along quite well, and Scar was glad. They couldn't live together if their pets didn't get along. "Where's Dream?" He asked the two cats.

"Meow?"

Scar sighed. Dream was always here and there, and he was rarely at Scar's village. This time, he was off somewhere again, and it seemed that Patches didn't know where he was either.

The crackling of a fire snapped Scar out of his thoughts. Panicked, he ran out of the treehouse to see a fire flickering below him. Out of the corner of his eye, Scar saw a red and white shirt disappear into the undergrowth but he ignored it and turned his focus back to the problem at hand.

He was stuck. Scar was stuck in his treehouse while a fire slowly destroyed it. It was not looking good for the terraforming hermit. It was high enough that Scar couldn't jump, or else he'd break a few bones, and there were flames flickering below him as well. I wish Grian was here. Scar though wistfully, peeking out of his wooden house.

A flash of green brought Scar's hopes up. "Dream?" He called, hoping it was the fast fighter.

"Scar! I saw smoke and I came as soon as I could!" Dream replied, waving as he came into view. "What happened?"

"Fire happened!" Scar shouted. "Can you please get water to extinguish it?!"

"Can't you use your powers?" Dream asked.

Scar paused. "I can control the earth, not the water!"

"THROW DIRT INTO THE FIRE! DIRT EXTINGUISHES FIRE!" Dream sounded very exasperated.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

But it was too late. Scar felt the tree shiver and sway beneath his feet. Scar frantically searched for the power of the earth, trying to use it to put out the flames. "Dream, get away before it falls!" He called, slowly dimming the fire.

The tree swayed once more. Scar looked out the window, watching the tree move back and forth. He made a decision.

Holding his breath and praying for the best, Scar jumped.

Bad slipped across the shadows of the tree, knowing that he was invisible to his target. Living in the jungle, where shadows were basically everywhere, gave him a great advantage due to his shadow-walking. Bad could basically slip into the shadows and once he was there, he was invisible unless someone noticed him. Then, he was visible to the person who saw him. And right now, no one has noticed him. Especially not his target.

Bad jumped out from the safety of the shadows. "Rarrrrrr!" He growled.

Stress jumped up, vines rising from the ground in her defense and wrapping themselves around Bad. "I win... again." The plant-controlling hermit said, walking triumphantly towards Bad. "You gotta up your game."

"Well, it's not my fault we live in a jungle and you can control plants." Bad retorted.

Stress looked like she wanted to argue, but the arrival of a parrot stopped her in her tracks, She quickly untied the piece of paper from the parrot's leg. Bad leaned over to read it over her shoulder as she opened the letter. "It's from Scar." Stress said as Bad took in the unfamiliar hand-writing.

"His base burnt down?" Bad asked, scanning over the page.

"Apparently." Stress murmured. "He wants us to help him rebuild. Do you want to go?"

"Of course!" Bad agreed. "We gotta help our friends!"

Bad and Stress arrived last to the little gathering. Sapnap and Iskall were there, as well as Mumbo and Ranboo. Scar and Dream, obviously, were there, and so was Grian and Phil. Rendog, since he was just on the edge of the jungle, wasn't here, but to Bad's surprise, Xisuma was. Tommy was nowhere to be found, and Bad was glad. That kid had a dirty mouth, and Bad would wash his mouth with soap if he could.

"Where's Tommy?" Stress asked.

Grian shrugged. "He's showing Tubbo around the mansion." He explained.

It also explains why the admin is here. Bad realized, glancing at the bee-suited man. He lives with Tubbo.

"We also have enough people. A child running around would not help." Dream said.

"He's not a child, Dream!" Ranboo protested. Bad knew the hybrid was close with Tommy.

"He's underage." Dream pointed out, probably smirking behind his mask.

No one argued with him. There was work to do. Scar explained what had happened as the hermits quickly rebuilt the house. The SMP members cleaned up the ground of ash and Stress coaxed some plants to regrow there.

"So you jumped." Xisuma said.

"Yeah, and landed in a pond." Scar said. "The cats didn't like it."

"How are they, anyways?" Sapnap leaned over to ask. Bad knew he had cats too, called Storm, Lily, and Mogwai. He personally preferred dogs, so Bad zoned out as Scar, Dream and Sapnap began to chat about their cats.

Sapnap waved goodbye to Scar, Dream, and Xisuma, who was staying back to talk admin stuff, as he headed back to his home, as Iskall called it, the Omega Tree. He jogged across the jungle, already familiar with the hilled landscape.

Questions filled Sapnap's mind when nothing else did. Who did it? Who set Scar's house on fire? Why?

Sapnap's mind was so busy trying to find answers to these mysteries he didn't notice the diorite dripping down the Omega Tree.

------------------------------------

A/N: might write from sapnap again idk it's just a short sapnap paragraph

word count: 993 (including the a/n cause i'm too lazy to measure it correctly lol)

im gonna start word counts now cause i see everyone doing them

'edited' on Jan 23rd 2022