44. Angry Philza is Scary Philza

Grian looked at Phil, slightly worried. The avian had been pacing outside the control room, fists clenched, green eyes hard.

"Phil-" Grian began, but Phil cut him off.

"Whoever did this to him is going to fucking die." Philza snarled, his cape swishing behind him as he turned to face Grian.

Grian flinched. He had never heard Phil swear, or even be this aggressive before. He must really care for Wilbur then. Grian thought as Phil began to pace again.

Footsteps were heard. Phil didn't turn, but Grian did, watching Bdubs and Tubbo pop up from the bubble elevator, followed by Tommy. "Grian! Phil! I heard and came as fast as I could-" Bdubs gasped, out of breath.

"He's in the room." Grian said, pointing to the control room.

"I'll help the best I can, but Wilbur was our best healer." Tubbo said, following Bdubs into the room.

Grian watched Phil pace back and forth, until it made him dizzy. "I'm gonna take Tommy for some training." He muttered. Phil nodded sharply and continued. Grian beckoned to Tommy, who followed him silently.

"Is Wilbur gonna be ok?" Tommy asked when they were in the Guardian's Hall.

Grian sighed. He didn't have the heart to lie to the young boy, so he had to tell him the truth. "I don't know, Tommy." He said.

Tommy gave a curt nod and picked up a dull sword. Grian found his own, and the two began to spar.

Grian let the boy vent out his anger and frustration in the fight, blocking every one of his vicious blows that each had a back story.

A blow for Wil, a blow for Tubbo. Tommy thought, slashing his sword aggressively. Grian only blocked his attacks, letting him attack freely. DIE, GREEN BITCH, DIE! Tommy screamed in head as he swung towards Grian again.

"If you have anything to say, say it now." Grian said calmly. It's as if he knew. Tommy mused. That I want to scream.

So he did. Tommy yelled out his frustrations, cursing every third word, but Grian only continued to block his slashes and jabs, not complaining about the swears at all.

Tommy panted as he stopped, lowering his sword. Grian mimicked him. "That better?" The avian asked calmly. Tommy nodded. "Good. Let's go check up on Wilbur."

Tommy stored his sword away and followed Grian up the bubble elevator again. He heard talking voices inside the control room, and when Grian pushed open the door, he saw Wilbur, sitting upright, chatting with Tubbo.

"Oh, hi, Tommy." Wilbur said as he spotted him. "I thought I heard something downstairs."

"Shut up, bitch." Tommy said, but he was smiling uncontrollably.

Grian sat down next to Wilbur. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Not that bad. The wounds aren't deep, so they'll heal quickly." Wilbur replied. "But the experience was... ugh."

"Who did it, Will?" Bdubs asked quietly. Tommy looked at the man to see something like anger in his eyes, but he hadn't interacted with Bdubs a lot, and had a hard time reading his expression.

"I dunno." Wilbur said. "I went to the arena, just to check up on it, and when I came out I fell into the hole."

"I'll bet it was Dream." Tubbo said. "We were fighting them before we found you."

"But Dream was in the fight, Tubbo." Tommy pointed out. "We fought him."

Phil punched his hands together. "I'll bet it was Sapnap and Bad." He growled. "They were missing. Dream and the others must have been a diversion, so they could plant the trap."

Bdubs's eyes narrowed. "You're right, Phil." He said.

"What are we going to do about it?" Grian asked.

"We have the upper hand. We have more fighters." Phil muttered. "We should attack them. No one gets away with harming my son. Any of them." He shot a look at Tommy. "Even if they're downright annoying."

Tommy only glared at his father. He knew that now wasn't the time to argue.

"You're suggesting that we start the initiative?" Grian asked. "That we attack first?"

"We have been on the defensive for too long." Phil said. "We only responded to a fight when Dream attacked. But that was because he was more powerful. We have the upper hand now. We should attack."

"But, a straight up fight?" Grian continued to ask. "Shouldn't we plant traps?"

"Traps will do us no good now. We should attack, before the opportunity has passed." Phil replied.

Tommy's head swung back and forth in between the two avians. Grian's arms were crossed, and Phil's fists were clenched.

"A straight on fight won't be beneficial either." Grian retaliated. "People could get hurt, Phil. War isn't a game."

Philza's eyes flashed, and Tommy bit his lips in apprehension. "I am aware of that, Grian." Phil said coldly, a hint of irritation creeping into his voice.

"Really? Cause you don't seem to be considering the safety of Tommy and Tubbo right now." Grian retorted, no sign of fear in his black eyes.

"I-how dare you!" Phil snarled, taking a step forwards towards Grian.

The latter did not move. "Going into a straight up fight might be the way to go, but that shouldn't be what we're focusing on." Grian said.

"Then what do you suggest?!" Phil asked, still bristling.

Tommy glanced at Tubbo, who shrugged. Neither of them have ever seen Phil and Grian go at each other that much, and neither knew what to do.

Grian paused. Then, his eyes lowered. "I don't know. Battle-wise, I have no plans, but I think that we should focus on gathering and strengthening our fighters before we do anything. Especially," His eyes darted up to meet Phil's. "Anything that will harm the younger members of our side."

"Hey, Big G?" Tommy spoke slowly. "I actually really like Phil's plan."

"The one that involves you dashing into battle?" Grian said, turning to face him.

"Especially the one that involves us dashing into battle." Tubbo said, and Tommy nodded his agreement.

"It's true," Wilbur spoke. "That attacking now would be beneficial to us."

Grian turned to face the tall man, and Wilbur shrugged, leaning back against the bed. "I agree as well." Bdubs added, and Grian turned to face him as well.

"All in favor?" Tubbo called, and everyone in the room raised their hand except for Grian.

The builder's wings slumped. "Well, it seems like I'm outvoted." Grian sighed. "I really did hope we could avoid a straight-on fight, but I guess that won't be happening now..." He looked at Phil sadly, and the other avian avoided his glance.

"You can always sit it out." Bdubs suggested quietly.

Grian's black eyes widened. "And let you guys fight? Absolutely not. I'm fighting with you no matter what."

Tommy grinned at Grian, and the builder smiled back. "So, when are we attacking?" He asked the crowd.

"As soon as Wilbur's recovered." Phil said curtly. "Now, if you'll excuse me..."

He swept out of the room. Tommy and Tubbo exchanged a glance and Wilbur shrugged, turning towards Bdubs and starting to chat once more.

None of them saw Grian staring after Phil with sadness on his face.

WC: 1242

A/N: tbh this was gonna be kinda important, but not anymore cause the plot changed... ack you'll know what i mean in two chapters

haha almost forgot to update uwu (teapose on discord this is all your fault you know what im talking abt)

'edited' on Jan 23rd 2022