51. The Truce to End it All

Grian stood in front of Scar's village. He, as always, admired Scar's handiwork at terraforming before heading to where he thought Dream would be. The mountain had been destroyed, so Dream, Scar, and others of the Eaglestars have moved back to their previous bases.

He knocked on a snail base's door, heart thumping in nervousness. Grian had an urge, a strong urge, to open his wings and fly away, to not and never ever face Dream ever again. After all, he had held a sword to the masked man's neck the last time they had met, Dream had tried to kill him, but instead killed Phil. Their relationship was definitely not the best at the moment, to say the least.

Whatever Grian had wanted to do, it was too late. Footsteps sounded, and the door creaked as the avian came face to face with Dream.

He had repaired his mask. The crack was still visible, but the white ceramic had been fixed. Grian gulped, remembering the cold emerald eyes that laid behind the mask. Dream was so young, but he had a kind of ferociousness Grian knew he would never have, even if he was the Dreamslayer.

To the avian's surprise, Dream wasn't hostile towards him at all. Instead, he seemed surprised to see Grian there. They stared at each other for a second before Dream moved aside. "Come in." He invited.

Bewildered, Grian stepped into Dream's base. The exterior was clearly Scar's work, but Dream had decorated the inside to his liking.

Everything was green. Lime green, forest green, pine green, light green, and a shade of emerald green that matched Dream's eyes. There were also spots of white and black, using the colors of Dream's mask and making it so that it looked like Dream belonged there. Which, when Grian thought about it, he did.

"Nice interior." Grian said, shuffling across the carpet (dark green) awkwardly.

Dream flushed. "Well, it's all green." He said awkwardly, standing awkwardly as well.

"No, I like it." Grian said honestly, taking in the drapings (leaf green). "It looks like you fit in there." He added, blinking at the bed (black with dark green swirls) and the blanket (white with light green streaks).

"Thank you." Dream said, letting the door close and striding over to Grian in a few long strides. For the first time, Grian noticed, and mused about how tall Dream was. (A/N: guys im getting gream vibes pls help this wasn't meant to be a ship book i literally just wanted wholesome interactions AHHHHHHHHHHHH)

"So, um, what wind blows you here?" Dream asked, sitting down at his desk (white) and starting to write on a piece of paper.

"The south one. Literally." Grian joked.

"Oh." Was the only thing Dream said.

Grian sighed, and then, mustering all his courage, he spoke. "Dream, on behalf of Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, Bdubs, and anyone else who fought against you, I apologize for the damage done to the Eaglestar's property, whether intellectual or physical. I hope you can forgive us."

Then he bowed. Biting the insides of his cheek, Grian bowed, and hoped that Dream wouldn't strike him down right then and there.

Instead, he was met with a string of laughter. Grian looked up cautiously and found Dream leaning back in his chair, laughing. "Apologize." He chuckled pounding his desk. "You-you want to apologize." A high-pitched, teapot noise sounded, and Grian looked around in alarm, searching for the sound, and a second later found the source to be Dream himself.

The masked man bended over, pounding his desk while squeezing all the air out of his lungs and causing the piece of paper to fall off. Concerned and curious, Grian caught the paper before it fell onto the floor and read the text.