31. Assembling (Or Healing) All Fighters!

Punz took out his bow and looked at the anvil hesitantly. He glanced at the enchanted book Dream had given him two days ago. It was almost time to join him. Punz paused and thought for a moment. Should I enchant my bow with Mending and lose Infinity? He wondered. Yeah, sure. I can always get Infinity after.

Taking up his hammer, Punz started to bash the book. It wasn't very long until he had the bow enchanted. He took the warm bow off of the anvil and checked the enchantments. Punz did a double take when he saw the list.

Punzo Bow

Power V
Flame
Infinity
Unbreaking III
Mending

Wait... what?! Punz's mind was bewildered. I thought Mending and Infinity couldn't be on the same bow?! He fired an arrow for experiment, thinking that the enchantments were just glitched and Infinity wasn't actually just there. But a new arrow replaced his old one as soon as he fired. He smelted a piece of iron, watching anxiously as the ore turned into an ingot. Punz took the iron out and watched as the yellow-green particles of experience went into him. The bow in his hands sparkled, signalling that its durability was returning.

Punz blinked, unbelieving, as he stared at his bow. After a while, he shook off the thought. Who cares?! Punz thought. I have an ultimate bow now!

Punz headed out to his shooting range, watching the target in the middle. With a push of his mind, the flimsy target started to sway, controlled by the wind.

Stance. Punz stood straight, feet shoulder length apart. Nock. Punz took a purple arrow and placed it in the arrow set. Draw Hand Set. He raised the shining bow to eye level. Draw. Punz placed three fingers under the arrow and pulled on the string, feeling his arm tense. Aim. Punz straightened the bow, aiming the tip of the arrow at the target. He watched the foam object fly back and forth, timing his release. Release. Punz let go of the arrow and watched as it lit on fire and landed straight in the middle of the swinging target.

Satisfied, Punz let the target continue to swing as he took more shots, firing arrow after arrow, but not actually losing any, thanks to the infinity enchantment.

It was only when the setting sun cast a long shadow onto Punz when he realized what time it was. He glanced up at the orange-red ball of fire in the distance and back at his mansion. I think it's time to go. Punz thought to himself. He clicked his bow into place behind his back, secured his sword on his hip, and pulled out the compass that Dream had provided. South.

Checking that he had enough food and torches, Punz began to trek across the lands towards his new master.

~~~

Ranboo unsheathed his sword. He swung the blade at the wooden dummy in front of him, trying to ignore the pair of watchful eyes behind him. The metal lodged itself in the wood, and Ranboo tugged it out with a grunt.

"Not bad." Dream said behind him. "But you could do better."

Ranboo swung again, putting his rage and desperation into the blow. This time, the sword bashed the wood, creating a large crack in the material. "Nice." Dream said. "Keep on practicing. I expect some improvement the next time I check on you." With that, he walked away.

Ranboo swung again and again, mad at himself. How stupid he was to trust Dream, to have thought that Mumbo didn't care about him. How idiotic to think that Dream actually had a place for him, that the hermits were cruel people. He had again fallen for Dream's trap. But this time, he had no way out. Tubbo's life was on the line for his loyalty. Any signs of rebellion would end in punishing Tubbo. Now, the only thing Ranboo could do was to work for Dream, and do it without complaint.

~~~

Wilbur examined Tommy carefully. Now that the blood had been washed away, Wilbur could tell that he had a shallow gash on his stomach. His hands, face, and arms were scratched too, but nowhere as deep as the wound on his body. Wilbur helped the boy up and steadied him as Phil took a piece of bandage. The older avian wrapped the cloth around Tommy's waist, securing the material tightly around his wound.

"It's a good thing he was wearing that leather armor, or he would have come out way worse." Wilbur noted, applying medicine to Tommy's arms.

Tommy slapped Wilbur's hand away. "I can do it myself, bitch." He snarled.

Wilbur shrugged and handed the medicine to Tommy. "What happened, anyway?" He asked.

Grian was the one who spoke up. "Techno happened." He muttered.

Wilbur turned his attention to Grian. He wasn't doing any better than Tommy. His wings had been badly injured, and not in the way Phil's had been. His left wing had escaped fairly unscathed, but there were two giant slashes across his right wing. Wilbur estimated that he wouldn't be able to fly for a least a week.

"He attacked you guys?" Wilbur asked.

"Attacked and injured." Tommy muttered.

"He ran away though." Grian added.

"I wonder why." Wilbur said.

Phil was silent. "So now what?" He finally said.

"You guys will have to rest." Wilbur instructed. "No fighting."

"But-" Tommy began to protest, but a look from Phil silenced him. "Yes, Wilbur." He said meekly.

"Good." Wilbur said. He left the three to themselves, exiting the room.

Wilbur's face was calm, but his mind was spinning. This was not a good time to be injured. He thought.

If what Bdubs says is real, then we are in more danger than we ever were in before.

word count: 940

A/N: i just realized how short this chapter is... wow

the next chapter will be... interesting, to say the least

also, writing this down cause i have the time for it (when i probably should be writing 😅) since we are fast approaching 10k reads, what should i do for a 10k special?

here are the things i have in mind (you only get to choose one)

hand reveal (or any other kind of appropriate reveal smh except face, i don't wanna put my face up in the web with a bunch of strangers, even if they are friendly strangers (hope that's ok with you guys))

plot reveal (you guys can think about what you want, it won't be anything major though)

author Q&A (ask me questions, basically 🙄)

pls vote for one, just leave a comment on the choice you want, keep in mind the ones that don't get chosen will be used as 20k & 30k specials (if we ever get there :p)
(no spamming or i will be mad)

(future echo will keep this here bc it seems right, the vote is over and the 10k special is already out lol)

'edited' on Jan 23rd 2022