16. YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SUCK IT GREEN BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Dream looked grimly up at the shadowy figures in the sky. He raised his crossbow, enchanted with multishot, and aimed. He watched the firework travel upwards before it exploded with a muffled bang. The shadow figures darted away, well out of the explosion of his rocket.

Dream fired rocket after rocket, unaware of the potions lingering below him. The shadows seemed to be taunting him, darting in and out of his range. They weren't even attacking back, and it made Dream frustrated. Why don't you fight back?! He cried silently.

"Dream." Sapnap tapped Dream's shoulder. "Bad's injured."

"I know." Dream muttered. He knew that the demon hybrid wasn't in much of a good shape.

Sapnap seemed hesitant. "Maybe we should head back?" He suggested lightly as Dream loaded another rocket. One of his last ones.

Dream took a look at Bad. He wasn't looking very well. Although Dream knew he couldn't win this fight, he still continued to fight. His pride didn't let him retreat. But now, Dream had no other choice. If he continued, Bad wouldn't get the care he needed. Sighing, Dream lowered his crossbow and gave the command.

"Retreat."

~~~

"YOOOOOOOOOO SUCK IT, GREEN BOIIIIIIII!" Tommy cheered as he strided into the hall with armor stands, nicknamed the Guardian's Hall. Tubbo followed, smiling faintly. He was tired, his arms hurt from throwing potions over and over again, and he was drenched in rain, but they had won. Their side had won the first battle.

Tubbo's heart sank as he remembered the consequences of the fight. Dadza. He thought, worried. Phil had taken at least two fireworks straight on. Tubbo, having used fireworks before, knew how dangerous they were.

He grabbed Tommy's hand and dragged him up the staircase, hopping into the bubble elevator. "Dadza." Tubbo muttered quietly when Tommy shot him a confused look. Tommy's cyan eyes darkened.

The two young'uns popped out of the bubble elevator. Tubbo first saw Grian, curled up on a chair with a blanket wrapped around himself, and then Mumbo and Wilbur's tall figures towering over a single hospital bed.

Grian turned. Tubbo could tell that he was tired from his glassy black eyes, but they lit up as soon as Grian caught sight of them. "Tubbo! Tommy!" He cried, sitting up.

Wilbur and Mumbo turned simultaneously, prompted by Grian's gasp. "You're back!" Wilbur acknowledged, then the two went back to the bed.

Tommy started to walk forwards, but Grian met him half-way. Tubbo was going to protest, before Grian pulled the two forwards. "They're trying to help Phil." He whispered. "High-concentration work. Don't disturb them." Tubbo nodded, but his body was filled with fear. Help, Grian had said.

"I'll take them downstairs." Grian called back to the two tall people. Neither seemed to have heard as Grian dragged the two minors towards the bubble elevator.

"Is Dadza ok?" Tommy asked as soon as they were out of the elevator, landing in the Guardian's Hall.

Grian led them to a pretty, stone table, not unlike the one up in the control center, that False had just built. "He's fine. His wings are damaged badly, and there are firework sparks buried in them." Tubbo winced at the thought of fireworks buried in Phil's wings. "But he'll heal. Mumbo and Wilbur are removing the fireworks before they give him a potion of regeneration. They don't want the fireworks to heal within Phil." Grian explained.

"For now, let's celebrate our victory." False nudged Tubbo lightly. "Phil will heal."

Tubbo helped False and Xisuma set the table as Grian wrapped his wings around an angry Tommy. "He'll be fine." Tubbo heard the avian whisper to his friend before they disappeared down the dark hallway.

Tubbo sincerely hoped that Grian was right.

False flipped a pancake on the stove. Tubbo was impressed with the girl. She knew how to fight and to cook, and she wasn't even tired. Or, if she was, False was showing no sign of it. "Here." She slid the hot, fluffy pancake onto Tubbo's plate. "X, the roast pork?" False called as Tubbo dug into the delicious food, not even bothering to chew properly.

Tommy did the same thing on the other side of him, but Tubbo could tell that his friend was still moody. Grian had gotten him back after he stormed down the dark hallway, angry. Tubbo knew that he was blaming himself, for not getting to Dadza fast enough, and that Tommy was worried about Phil. Grian seemed to know as well, but a single glance from him told Tubbo to not talk about it.

They were preparing a feast for a celebration. False and Xisuma were making something, Mumbo and Wilbur were still upstairs, caring for Phil, and Grian was just hovering awkwardly as Tubbo and Tommy ate food.

"Where's George?" Grian suddenly asked. Looking around, Tubbo realized that indeed, George was gone.

"I don't think he was part of the fight." Xisuma said.

"Maybe he's busy." Grian suggested as he skipped over to False, taking a plate of bread from the girl. Grian set the plate of bread on the long table, placing it next to the center.

"Maybe." Tubbo murmured, but he was still curious about where George was as False and Xisuma appeared, carrying a huge, roasted pig. Pig.

Tubbo didn't know whether False did it on purpose, but he grinned at Tommy knowingly, and he grinned back. Tubbo took a huge slice of the pig when False offered it to him, and took a piece of bread. He teared his teeth into the bread, relishing the soft texture and cutting himself a piece of roast pork. It was delicious. Tubbo dug into the meal, all worries thrown to the back of his head.

A/N: y'all probably got the pig pun, but did you get the other play on names?

hint: cod boy has smth to do with it

word count: 985

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY number 1 in bdoubleo100!

(may fourth 2021)

'edited' on Jan 23rd 2022