49. Be Aware of Who the Real Dangerous One Is

Wilbur paced around the Queen's Entourage HQ, unable to settle down. When is Grian getting back? Did he find Techno yet? When did he leave? Has he arrived yet? Is he okay? Is Techno ok? What's GOING ON?!

The three of them, Tubbo, Tommy, and Wilbur himself, have barely been resting well for the past five days, since Grian was gone. Wilbur had asked the avian to deliver a letter to his oldest brother, Techno. Both of them had known the dangers of this mission, but Grian understood, and had taken off with the letter on the day that... that he died.

None of them could bear to speak his name. When Grian was here, he had almost become the fatherly figure to the three of them, because no matter how hard Wilbur tried, he couldn't be his father. He was just a brother. He would never be Tommy's father.

But Grian... he could be. And he tried. And Wilbur was thankful for his company. It not only reassured him, Grian also lifted a bit of his weight off his shoulders, being the older brother.

When the avian left, all three of them fell into a dark, depressing mood. Wilbur had steadily developed black eye bags under his eyes, both from his own stress and from waking up to Tommy's asleep cries in the middle of the night. They had both taken the QE's base as their home now, unwilling to step inside Grian's cave mansion. Memories of him were too strong there.

Tubbo, on the other hand, had opted to stay with Ranboo, perhaps finding more comfort in a friend than his adoptive family. Wilbur didn't blame him. He had never payed too much attention to Tubbo, so it was natural that Tubbo didn't have as much of an attachment to him.

"Wilbur?" Tommy croaked, blinking at his pacing brother.

"I'm fine." Wilbur muttered, waving Tommy away. "Just... thinking."

Thinking. Thinking was a thing that all of them did now, and very oftenly.

"No, it's not that." Tommy said, pointing up. "I think I see something."

Wilbur's head snapped up, his sleep-deprived eyes searching the sky frantically through the back window. Finally, he spotted the single black dot in the distance that got larger by the second. He stared at the dot like his life depended on it.

Grian crashed through the window, shattering glass everywhere and holding a letter close to his chest. "Wilbur! I found Techno! He replied!" He said excitedly, eyes shining...

Before he collapsed. Wilbur and Tommy both started forwards, Tommy catching the avian before he face-planted onto the floor, and Wilbur heading for the letter.

"Grian? Are you ok?" Tommy asked anxiously while Wilbur took the letter out of the avian's hands, opening it eagerly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." The avian muttered, propping himself upright with the help of Tommy. "I'm just tired. Flew faster here than I got there." He slumped down on the nearest chair. "Can I have some water?"

Tommy handed Grian a cup of water as he leaned over Wilbur's shoulder, taking in Techno's letter. Wilbur made sure he was looking before he started to read.

 Wilbur made sure he was looking before he started to read