14. Let the Firework Shower Begin...

"You ready, Grian?" Phil asked, watching the shorter avian stuff more fireworks into his pouch.

"Not really." Grian confessed. Phil could see him twitching his feathers, a sign of nervousness. "The crossbow's a little confusing."

Phil had been surprised to find out that Grian didn't actually carry a bow on him at all times. In fact, he didn't even have a go-to bow, when he had three different pickaxes. False and Tommy had given Grian an emergency crossbow lesson, but Phil knew that Grian still hasn't gotten the hang of it yet.

"It's alright, Grine." Tubbo reassured. "You've got this."

After some discussion, the Queen's Entourage had decided it was time to go on the offense. Their base was finished. They had a good strategy planned. So why wait, Tommy had argued. Why wait for them to slaughter us? We should attack now, when they're not prepared.

Wilbur told them that Dream was planning to send a scouting patrol on April 1st. When asked how he knew, Wilbur refused to tell anyone. "It's for our own safety." He had explained, so Phil didn't bother to ask any further. But using that information, they had prepared. And today was April 1st. Unfortunately, it wasn't raining, which meant that only the two avians could fight. "It'll be plenty." Tommy said, but Phil wasn't that sure.

"Right." Grian mumbled, his hand white as he gripped the stone table. Currently, they were up in the control center, where the others would be watching as they fought.

Xisuma popped out of the bubble elevator. He adjusted his helmet as he walked towards the already-gathered crowd. "Here." Xisuma said as he reached the table. He held six light lavender, almost pinkish potions. "Invisibility potions. They'll each last ten minutes." Xisuma handed three to Grian and three to Phil. "Drink them when we see Dream." He instructed. "We want them to last as long as possible."

Phil took his potions, hiding two within his bag while holding the third, prepared to chug it on notice. Grian did the same as they stared out the window. They were relying on George, who should be immune to Bad's shadow walking, to spot Dream's scouting mission. Mumbo said he set up some fancy technology as well, to detect Sapnap.

"Anything?" Tommy asked George.

George blinked, rubbing his eyes. "I don't think so." He murmured. "They might have just sent Sapnap."

"That's a possibility." False said calmly. Just taking a look at her and Phil knew she was an experienced fighter. Always calm in the most dangerous situations. Techno was exactly the same. Phil remembered with a ping of remembrance. "Mumbo?" She turned to the redstoner.

Mumbo was twirling his mustache. "I think I'm catching a signal?" He said, but it was almost like a question. "Wait. I'm getting something."

The whole room was silent as Mumbo leaned towards a little screen. Phil held his breath as Mumbo started chewing his mustache unconsciously. "South, just past the half-way line." He declared. "Coming in from the side, I believe." Mumbo said.

"Alright, Dadza, Big G, it's your turn." Tommy said.

"Remember, I'll be here as your backup." Tubbo reminded them. Even though he wasn't the best at fighting, Xisuma had decided that if the enemy got too close, lingering potions of poison would scatter on the floor. Since Tubbo and him were immune to poison, they could fight when Dream and his people couldn't. And Xisuma would be directly linked up to Mumbo, who would tell him where an invisible enemy was if they did get too close.

"And I'll be here to sing some invisible enemies to sleep." Wilbur smirked.

"Coming closer now." Mumbo warned.