34. Bandages Can't Heal All the Wounds

A/N: IM SORRY IM SORRY I CAN'T WRITE ANGST FOR MY LIFE IM SORRY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

False sheathed her sword as she entered her cybertown base. It was oddly quiet. The always-present sound of Techno's potato farm wasn't there either.

False continued into her large base. Maybe he's sleeping. She thought. "Techno?" False called. No response.

Where could he be? False wondered. She checked the small arena, where sometimes they practiced swordplay, and then the armor room. The pigman was nowhere to be found.

False arrived at Techno's bedroom. She knocked on the door, not wanting to disturb Techno if he was there, but there was no answer. "Techno?" She called again, but the room was silent.

False turned the knob on the door and entered. Nothing. Could he be at the Eaglestar's base? She thought, but her eye caught on a piece of paper, so out of place on top of Techno's red blanket.

False picked up the piece of paper. Smoothing it out, she began to read the text.

 Smoothing it out, she began to read the text

False's hand dropped, her mouth open. She stared at the paper, disbelieving. Her eyes scanned over the words again. What did this mean? What was happening? Why-why is Techno gone? I'll harm everyone I've ever loved. False read. What had happened?

False's breath quickened. So this was it. Techno is gone.

Don't look for me.

False crumpled the paper in her hand with determination. I will look for you, Techno. Because you are my friend. And I know that you'll never harm me, or anyone you love. She thought. Tightening her sword on her belt, False left her base.

And began her journey.

~~~

Tommy stared at Phil as he landed in the entrance of the castle base. He cranked his head around, trying to spot Grian and Tubbo. When he couldn't, Tommy turned his gaze back to Phil.

The avian avoided eye contact.

Tommy's heart sank. "Phil?" He whispered.

Phil's fists tightened. "Tom-Tommy, I'm sorry." He whispered, voice cracked.

Tommy knew what he meant. "Phil- Grian- Tubbo?"

Phil swallowed hard. "Gone."

Tommy stood still, shocked.

They were gone. Grian and Tubbo, gone. In the grasps of Dream. Of Dream!

Tommy turned and ran. Up the stairs, down the hallways, until he found his room. Tommy collapsed onto the bed, his breath harsh. Tubbo hadn't escaped. And Grian- Grian was now with him.

No no no no. Tommy thought desperately. They're gone. Gone.

Tommy screamed into his pillow. "Why?!" He cried. "Why, god did you have to take away the people I loved the most!"