Chapter 4 - Forgive Me

Jac stands at the foot of Kian's hospital bed, she slowly reads through his file and sighs, she takes her glasses off and puts them in her pocket.

He had broken ribs, pretty much all of his body was bruised and a head injury - They didn't know if he was going to wake up, she hoped he would even after what he did.

She watches him, hoping for some sort of movement which she knows isn't going to happen.

Clayton walks behind her and puts a coffee down on the table across the bed, she looks towards him.

"Can I have a word?" He asks, rubbing his arms.

"Yeah, sure." She replies picking up the coffee, and walking out of the side bay with him.

"Look I don't want you to hold this against him." Clayton says, gently.

"He attacked you, unprovoked." Jac replies, clearly exhausted "How can't I hold that against him?"

"You just can't." Clayton sighs.

"He could of killed you."

"Well he didn't."

"I'm picking Emma up from Jonny later, so I'll be home at about six." She says, taking her glasses out of her pocket, she starts reading a file from the nurses station.

Meanwhile...

Nicky had just gotten into work, her head was hurting from all the drinking she was doing last night with Cameron.

When she sees Chloe, she runs up to her "Chloe, I need your help please." Nicky says, rubbing her hand over her head.

"What have you done this time?" Chloe asks, with a tone of dismay.

"I went out last night, and got seriously drunk..." She replies, looking around to make sure nobody is listening in "And it's still in my system."

"Well duh! Of course it is." Chloe replies, sounding irritated "You drank it last night, what do you expect?"

"No! I mean I think I'm still drunk a little bit." Nicky says, looking down at her hands.

"Don't you dare tell me that something is wrong with your hands, again?" Chloe sighs, dragging Nicky into the closet.

"I'm sorry." Nicky replies.

"Not as sorry, if Naylor catches you." Chloe says, clearly disappointed.

Chloe sits down next to Nicky "You better have a hope in hell, she doesn't."

"She's already, in quite the bad mood today."

"What, why?" Nicky asks, scanning the room to see if there is anything that can help her.

"Well Kian was brought in, he had been attacked."

"What?!" Nicky says, standing up alarmed.

"Apparently some guy called Clayton, who I think is Jac's fiancé attacked him." Chloe says, looking at her finger nails.

"If I see that man I swear-" Nicky starts, before Chloe decides to interrupt her.

"Let me finish." Chloe replies, looking up at Nicky.

"Kian attacked first apparently, and Clayton decided he had to defend himself."

"I'm sorry?!" Nicky laughs, completely bamboozled "Kian wouldn't attack anyone, not unless he needed to!"