Chapter 47 - Somewhere Safe

Kian walks down into a dark alley, he's not sure if this is the right thing to do. But he has to.

"You must be Kian." A voice says, startling him.

A man walks out from the shadows "I take it your here for this." He says, tossing a gun to Kian's feet.

"Yeah, I am." Kian replies, picking it up and paying the man.

"Good, but I advise you keep it somewhere safe." The man says "You don't want the police, finding it."

"No, obviously I don't." Kian replies turning to walk away.

"I hope you know, what you're doing with that gun." The man replies, smoking a cigarette.

"Yeah, of course I do." Kian says, walking out of the dark alley and shoving the gun in his pocket.

Joseph was going to die, and that would be the end of that.

Kian returns home, and hides the gun. He didn't want the kids or Jac to find it, especially now she'd finally let him back in her life.

"Daddy?" Harriet says, walking downstairs and rubbing her eyes "What you doing?"

"Nothing, sweetie you should go back to bed." He smiles picking her up, she starts to cry.

"I want mummy!" She sobs, into his shoulder "She reads me good bedtime stories."

"I know, and mummy will be home today." He smiles.

"You pwomise?" She asks, looking extremely tired.

"Yeah, I do." He smiles, taking her back into her room and tucking her into her bed.

"Night." He smiles again, kissing her forehead.

"Daddy, you stay this time?"

"What do you mean?"

"You won't lweave us again?" She asks, looking at him sadly.

"Of course I won't." He smiles.

Twelve hours later...

Kian arrives at the hospital, to find Jac sitting in Pulses she's drinking and eating.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks, walking over and kissing her forehead.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replies, "Just can't do anything too heavy, or it'll effect the stitches."

"Got anymore store cupboards?" She asks, looking over at him.

"Maybe I do." He smiles, "But I think you've had enough."

"Oh come on!" She exhales deeply "That isn't fair!"

"Last time I checked, you told me I was crap in bed."

"Well that was sort of true." She smirks mischievously, "Wanna have some fun?"

"When we get home." He giggles a bit.

"You really are no fun." She says, taking a sip of her drink.

"Well we don't want to have another baby, just yet do we?" He jokes.

"Yeah, that's why condoms exist Madani." She sighs, and shakes her head.

"Miss Naylor!" He sort of giggles.

"I'm heading home soon, would you be able to drive me?" She asks.

"Yeah, course." Kian smiles, picking up some food.

Jac gets up, and starts to walk outside "Kian, now is not the time for food." She says, shaking her finger in disgust.