Chapter 28 - Lost

Does anybody want me to upload an extra chapter tonight? It'll probably also be longer, As I'm feeling extra generous ;)

Kian takes out his phone, and rings Sacha.

"Sacha hey, would you be able to come to the hospital?" Kian says, sitting down on a chair outside of ICU.

"Yeah, it's really important."

"I'll tell you when you get here." He sighs, rubbing his head as he hangs up.

He paces around the corridor outside and then stops, looking through the window of ICU.

He puts his hands in his pockets, and feels something. He takes it out.

It's them, the tablets - he sighs, and looks down at them.

He throws them into the bin nearby and sits, waiting for Sacha.

Eventually after an eternity, Sacha comes running down the corridor.

"Kian, what's wrong?" Sacha asks, sitting next to him.

"It's Jac..." Kian says, looking down "She was involved in a car crash, and she got impaled."

"My God, why did nobody tell me?" Sacha asks, shocked.

"Anyway, when can she be released?" Sacha asks, smiling.

"I don't think she's going to be..." Kian replies "She's on life support, and she isn't getting any better."

"What?"

"Her organs are starting to fail, her condition is getting worse."

"If it's okay, I'm going to see her." Sacha says standing up, and walking into ICU.

He sits beside her bed, and smiles.

"Hey, you silly cow." He says, laughing a tiny bit "What trouble have you gotten yourself, into this time?"

"Nobody ever gets a break with you, do they?" He smiles, taking her hand.

"I really hope you survive this, but if you don't I just want you to know.." he starts "That I will look after your kids, and I will make sure they grow up knowing exactly who you were, and what a brilliant person you were."

"But that's for you to do, because I know you'll wake up."

Sacha starts to cry "I've just lost Essie, I can't lose you too."

He gets up and walks out, digging himself straight back into work.

Meanwhile...

Kian walks into the doctors office, and sits down.

"Mr Madani, how are we today?" The doctor, asks.

"I'm fine." Kian replies, rubbing his arm.

"But um, I've come to a decision." Kian replies.

The doctor looks at him, "Okay, go ahead."

"I think it's time, I let her go." He says, "She needs to find peace, so I'm going to let her go."

"Are you sure?"

"No I'm not sure, but I know I'm ready and it's what's best for her."

"Well I suggest you tell her family first, and have somebody there for support." The doctor says, supportively smiling.

"Yeah, thanks." Kian says, walking out of the room.

Kian leaves the hospital, and drives to Emma's school where he picks her up.