Chapter 68 - Canada

Eventually after a few weeks rest and physio, Kian was now back at work.

Kian walks into the office and hangs his coat up he turns to see Jac, sitting on the sofa and staring into space "Hey.."

"Hi." She gives him a blank expression.

"What's wrong?" He sits next to her, and pulls her into a hug.

"Nothing, just thinking about the babies." She sighs, turning away from him.

"We'll get through this." He smiles, kissing her cheek softly.

"Will we though? Will we?" She asks, "I just wanted this all to be perfect, but it never is. Is it?"

"Jac, we'll be a perfect family of seven okay?"

"If this baby survives that is, what if she dies?"

"Don't think like that, have some hope." He strokes the side of her face, and holds her.

"I just want them to be okay, is that too much to ask?"

"No of course not." He smiles, as he lays his hand over her stomach.

She smiles back at him, and lays her hand over his.

"I know you probably won't want to, but uh could we maybe go to Canada?"

Jac looks up at him confused, "Why would I go to Canada, when I live in a perfectly good country already?"

"No, that's not what I mean." He replies, "Go to Canada to meet my parents?"

"Me and parents don't mix." She replies, crossing her arms and huffing.

"Jac, pleaseeee?" He begs, "They really want to meet you and the kids."

"Okay this once, fine." She sighs, getting up from the sofa "Ow! You little..."

"I didn't do anything!" Kian replies, standing up with her.

"Not you the baby." She smiles, "He's kicking my ribs."

"Ah, okay." Kian smiles, and places his hand on her stomach.

"Talk to it or something!" Jac demands, as she sits back down.

He looks at her confused and then bends down, "Hi there, I'm your daddy."

"Could you do me a big favour, and kick mummy some more?" He jokes.

Jac looks at him unimpressed, "Really? Did you have to say that?"

"Yeah, I couldn't resist." He smiles, as he hugs into her.

Jac gets up and walks over to her desk, she pulls something out.

"Uh Jac, what is that?" He questions, standing up and walking over to her.

She passes it to him and he opens it, "I'm not a kid, why do I need two teddy bears?"

"Press them." She smiles, and he does so.

Heartbeats.

"Jac, why did you get me a patient's heart beat?" He asks her, very confused.

"No they aren't just anybody's heartbeat, that's our babies heartbeats."

"What?" He replays them again, and smiles.

"I love it, it's beautiful."

She smiles, "Did you really think I'd forget your birthday?"