Chapter 17 - She's going Home

Jac is in her office, she is sitting on the sofa talking to her bump.

"I think you're going to grow up big and strong, just like your big sister." Jac smiles "I already have the perfect name, for you."

"Talking to her, are you?" Kian asks, walking in.

Jac gives him a glare "Yes actually, I was."

"I can't wait to meet her, to be a father." He replies, smiling.

"Well the last time I checked, I wasn't your family so in other words neither is my baby." Jac replies, defensively.

"I do love you, and I'm sorry for what I said." He says, taking her hand.

"But you'd still choose your cousin, over your fiancé and kids." Jac sighs, standing up.

"I just didn't want to believe what you said, I mean I still don't." He replies, putting his hands in his scrub pockets.

"So I take it these drugs I found, aren't yours then." She says, taking them out of her bag.

"What?" He asks, turning around "You know I don't take drugs anymore!"

"Right and the only other person who's been around my house, was your cousin." Jac replies, slumping down in her chair.

"But he isn't like that, he's seen what drugs can do to you - first hand."

"Yeah, well Elliot and Sacha aren't taking drugs and I don't think my seven year old is."

"Yeah, well I'm sorry." He smiles "You're my family, and I love you."

"It's too late, Madani go home." She says, writing up some paperwork.

"I want to fix this, please let me.." he sighs, rubbing his hair.

"Why should I?" She says, glaring at him.

"Jac don't make this harder, then it has to be.."

"Like I said me, baby and Emma will be fine by ourselves." She replies, callously "We don't need you."

"But I'm the baby's father." He says, looking on the verge of tears.

"Yeah, well the moment you chose Marty you gave that up." Jac says, typing on her computer.

Jac realises Kian is starting to look ill and pale "What's wrong with you?" She asks, concerned for the welfare of her staff.

"I'm fine." He replies, staggering for a second.

"You aren't fine." She says, walking over to him.

He slaps her hand away and walks out "I don't need your help, either."

Jac sighs and sits back down at her desk, was this what she really wanted?

Meanwhile...

Kian walks into the locker room, he opens his locker to grab more of those pills - he needed them, they needed him.

But before he could grab them, his vision started to go blurry and then he fell to the floor. He tried to get up, but it was no use his limbs were numb and sweat was escaping down his forehead.

He laid there and hoped someone would find him, but would they?

Nicky was walking past the locker room, when she realised that she forgot something so she walked in.

"Oh God!" She says as soon as she notices Kian, she bends down next to him "Kian, can you hear me?"

No response, Nicky runs up to the door and shouts "Can I have some help here please!"

The crash team come running, and try their best.

Seven hours later...

Kian awakes to see someone sitting on the edge of his hospital bed, he can't quite work out who it is.

"You gave us, quite the fright." The voice, says taking his hand.

"Did I? What happened?" He asks, confused with his vision still blurry.

"You had an overdose, Jac worked six hours to save you." The person says "You're lucky she didn't give up on you."

"She saved me?"

"Yeah she did, she loves you." The person replies.

"Not anymore she doesn't." He says, signing.

"She does, but that's what I need to tell you..." the person sighs.

"What is it, Nicky?" Kian says, as he can see her clearly now.

"She's leaving, she said she'd save you and then she'll go again."

"What?! She can't go again."

"She made up her mind, you hurt her." Nicky says "She told me to tell you, that she loves you and that she's sorry."