Chapter 6 - Stone Cold

Sacha walks into the side bay, to see Jac and Kian asleep on the hospital bed together.

He smiles and walks up to them, he slowly shakes his best friend who groggily wakes up and looks at him.

"Sacha?" She asks, half asleep.

"Clayton is alive, when he gets discharged he will be taken to prison." Sacha says, smiling "But they do need to question you."

Jac hugs him and smiles "Thank you."

Five hours later...

Jac hated the idea of being questioned by the police, but she knows it's the only way to defend herself.

She sits quietly in the interrogation room.

"So, why did you stab him?"

"I felt like he was a danger to me." She says "I wanted to keep myself safe."

"What did you feel like the danger was?"

That question turned Jac stone cold, was he really a danger to her?

"I felt threatened, he had grabbed me on the occasion and multiple times before." She says "I didn't know what he was capable of."

"Well Mr Pearson, tells us that you stabbed him without reason and with no warning."

"I would never do that, I needed to keep myself safe."

Eventually Jac was released, and she goes to pick Emma up.

Jac pulls up outside a cafe, she gets out of the car and walks inside.

A girl runs up to her "Mummy!"

"Hey." Jac says picking the girl up, into a hug.

"I've missed you." Jac smiles, as she puts Emma down.

Jac and Jonny exchange glances for a second, before Jac says "I'll bring her back, in two weeks or so."

"Okay." He replies.

Jac takes Emma outside, and helps her into the car.

Emma puts her seatbelt on and Jac starts the car "Emma, I have a surprise for you." She smiles.

"What is it mummy?" Emma asks, getting excited.

"You'll see when we get home." Jac says, happily.

They get back to the house, and Jac helps Emma out of the car. They walk up to the front door which is already unlocked, and walk in.

"Hey, Em." Comes a voice, from the living room.

Emma runs in there to see Kian, she runs up to him "Kian!"

He smiles at her, he had missed Emma after Jac left - he felt like Jac and Emma were his family.

"Why are you here?" Emma asks, picking up one of her toys.

"Your mummy said I could stay, while I am recovering." Kian says, happy for the first time in a while.

"What happened?" Emma asks, looking up at Kian.

"Emma, that's enough questions." Jac shouts, from the kitchen.

"No it's okay." Kian smiles, at the inquisitive girl in front of him.

"A very mean man attacked me." He replies, taking a pack of sweets out from behind a pillow and giving it to her "Don't tell your mummy."