Chapter 40 - Betrayal

Kian awakes in bed, his phone is going off and luckily enough it hasn't disturbed Jac.

He picks it up, and slips out of bed and out of the room.

"Hi, this is Kian Madani." He says, joyfully.

"It's me." The voice says.

"Look, I don't want to speak to you." Kian replies, going to hang up.

"We need to meet, sooner rather than later." The person, replies.

"Look, I've had enough of you for a life time." He sighs, shaking his head "I don't want to see you again."

"If we don't meet in a few hours time, I suppose I'll just have to meet your girlfriend instead."

"You wouldn't do that." Kian, says walking downstairs.

"I will if I have to."

"Fine, we'll meet at lunch." He replies "I'll give you an hour of my time and that's it."

"Sounds good to me." The person says, as Kian hangs up.

He walks back into the bedroom, to find Jac awake and looking out the window.

"Hey." He says, walking behind her and snuggling into her neck.

"Hi." She replies, still staring out the window.

"Are you okay?" Kian asks, concerned.

"I'm fine." She says, turning to face him.

"Just thinking." Jac says, as she walks into the bathroom.

She starts to brush her teeth, and looks into the mirror "I'm taking Emma to school, and then I'm taking Harriet to nursery."

"Should be home for lunch." She says, spiting out the toothpaste.

"Uh, don't you have work?" He replies, nervous.

"I do, but my shift doesn't start until 2." She replies, walking out of the bathroom and getting dressed.

"Uh, okay." Kian says, rubbing his head.

"Kids, come on get ready!" Jac shouts, through the door.

Jac goes and helps Harriet get ready, when she notices some bruises.

"How did you get these?" She asks, sitting beside Harriet.

"I fell over at nursery." Harriet replies, as Jac helps her get dressed.

"Okay." Jac replies, as she picks her up and walks out into the hallway.

"Emma, get ready or we'll be late for school." Jac says, walking into her room.

"I'm getting ready, mum." Emma replies, as she walks out in her school uniform.

Jac passes her, her packed lunch in the kitchen and they walk through the front door "Bye!" She shouts to Kian.

Kian waits for them to leave, before he calls the number who called him earlier.

"Look we can meet, but at a different location." He says.

"No!" Kian replies "My girlfriend will be home, I don't want her finding out."

"I'll try and convince her, but you know what she's like." He sighs, hanging up.

He calls Jac's number, and waits for her to pick up.