Chapter 34 - My Best Friend?!

"What?" Kian says, looking at her astounded.

"I uh, kissed Fletch." She sighs, looking down "And I'm sorry."

"Just I got drunk, and my emotions were everywhere."

"You kissed, my best friend?!" Kian says, standing up.

"What the hell?" He says, confused and angry.

She stands up and looks at him "I'm sorry, I really am."

"Jac honestly, I don't know how to feel right now."

"That's how I felt earlier, Kian." She sighs, turning away from him.

"So you cheated on me, because of what I did?"

"No! It was a stupid mistake." Jac says, as she starts to cry.

"And I hate myself for it."

"I can't deal with this right now, Jac." He says, starting to walk away.

"I'm sorry I felt so pushed out by you!" She shouts "I'm sorry I felt so pressured by you, I'm sorry you thought that telling everything to some random person about my life - would make me feel better."

He turns to look at her, some anger in his eyes.

"You felt pushed out?!" He shouts, getting angry "You pushed me out so many times, you broke up with me so many times."

"You just don't understand." Jac says, looking into his eyes.

"I want to understand." He replies "Why did you kiss him, what was the reason?!"

"Honestly? I thought it would make me feel good." She replies "But it didn't, I realised I just wanted you."

"I felt so lost."

"So you thought oh I know, I feel lost so I'll go shag - my husbands best friend?!" Kian says, as he goes to raise his hand - but he doesn't.

She backs away from him "If you want to do it, then go ahead, okay?"

"No Jac.. I wouldn't do that." He replies.

"I-I'm sorry." She stutters, clearly scared "I-I'll go."

Kian comes to his senses, "Jac.."

"No, please don't feel pity for me." She says, as more tears escape down her cheek.

"I was right wasn't I?" She says looking up at him "Nobody, loves me."

"I mean it's not that I haven't hit you before, but it feels different..." she sighs, turning away from him.

"I'm going to go, and stay with Sacha." She sighs, "Clearly we can't fix this marriage."

"Jac I'm so, sorry." Kian says, touching her arm.

"It's fine." Jac replies, trying not to cry again.

"Let's just put this all behind us, okay?" He smiles, walking into the kitchen and returning with some hot chocolates.

"And how on earth, did you have time to make them within two minutes?" She asks, as he passes her one.

"See I'm magic!" He smiles, as they sit down on the sofa together.

"Maybe you're right, Kian." Jac says, looking at the TV "Maybe I should report it."

"It's up to you, Jac." Kian replies, putting his hand on her shoulder.