Chapter 5 - Whatever Happens

Jac walks into her office, and throws her engagement ring down on her desk.

She sits down, and starts to spin it around - she instantly knew who was telling the truth, she had to fix this.

An hour later..

Jac returns home and walks into the kitchen, Clayton walks in "Hey, babe." He smiles.

She turns to look at him, and throws her engagement ring down at his feet "I know what you did, and I want you out of my house."

"I haven't done anything!" He shouts, trying to defend himself.

"Yes you have, you attacked someone I care about." She replies, turning to face the sink "You make me feel sick."

He tries to get closer to her, and she turns to face him.

"Stay away from me." She says, trying to keep herself a safe distance from him.

"You don't mean that." He says, smiling coldly.

"Yes, I do." Jac says "I just want you out of my house."

"This is my house too." Clayton replies

"No, it's not." She says, standing tall "It's my house, and I want you gone."

He goes to grab her, but she takes a knife and points it at him "Come closer, I dare you."

He backs off a bit, and she points the knife closer.

"I want you out, now." Jac says, now getting control of the situation.

"You wouldn't hurt me, would you though?" He says, trying to twist the situation to his benefit.

"I would if I had to."

He gets closer to her and whispers "You're mine." In a chilling, cold voice.

She blinks for a second, and Clayton is on the floor, with a knife sticking out of his chest.

She sinks down confused and scared, she had stabbed someone - what's happened to her?

"What have I done?" She asks herself, shaking and crying.

Clayton grabs the non-sharp end of the knife, trying to pull it.

"No!" Jac shouts, crawling over to him "Don't you dare do that!"

"Well, this is a good way to go out." He smiles "With a bang."

"No, you keep that knife in there." She replies, holding her hands around the blade.

"You take it out, and you'll bleed to death."

"That's what I want." He replies, callously.

"You want me to have a murder on my hands?" She asks, trying to keep herself calm.

"You did this, what do you expect?" He replies, trying to keep his eyes open.

"Well I'm going to call an ambulance." She says, standing up and walking to the counter.

As she walks away, he starts to scream and she turns back around.

The knife has been thrown across the floor, blood is all over it - an artery had been hit.

She grabs any sort of cloth and puts it on top of the wound, "You are not dying on me."

"I'm going to get you done, for what you did to Kian."

"And I'll get you done for stabbing me." He manages to get out.

"You hold pressure on that." She says, pulling out her phone and dialling 999.

"I need an ambulance please, yeah I stabbed someone." She says, almost crying into the phone.

Later...

Clayton is taken to Keller Ward, Jac has no idea if he will survive.

She goes to Kian's side room, and sits next to his hospital bed.

"Jac, hey." He smiles, looking up at her sleepily.

"Look you need to know this." She sighs "I choose you, and I always will."

He looks at her confused "Jac, what's happened?"

"And whatever the future holds, I love you." She says, kissing him.

"I'm sorry for abandoning you, when you needed me."

"I'm sorry for choosing some stupid lousy man, over you."

"What's happened?" Kian asks, starting to get concerned.

"I've stabbed him." She says, looking panicked "And I think I've, killed him."

"You stabbed him?" Kian asks, clearly in shock.

"Yeah, and I don't know what to do." She says, as she starts to shake.

Kian sits up, and pats the space on the bed beside him.

She sits beside him and, he hugs her.

"I've got you, don't worry." He says kissing her forehead "I'll protect you, whatever happens."

"I've stabbed him, how can you love me?" She asks.

"I know whatever the case is, you didn't do it on purpose." He says, putting his arm around her.

She smiles at him, she finally had the man she loved - but at what cost?