Chapter 58 - Gone Where?

Jac races down to the entrance of the hospital, and finds him gone.

She goes looking for the car, but finds that gone too. She sighs, and looks around rubbing her head in distress.

"He can't be gone..." She says to herself, sadly.

She walks back into the hospital, and sighs.

Was that really going to be the last time, she would see him?

Had she lost him for good?

As she walks through Pulses, Fletch approaches her.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asks, passing her a coffee.

She passes it straight back, "Look I don't want a stupid coffee."

"Moody and stubborn, as always." He jokes, but Jac does not react to him.

"Okay, something is definitely wrong." Fletch says, he pulls up a seat "Sit."

"But-" She goes to say.

"No buts, sit." He replies, as he himself sits down.

She joins him and sighs again, "It's Kian.."

"Oh he's not taken all the donuts from Pulses has he? I especially hope not all the chocolate raspberry ones."

"What? No!" Jac replies, shaking her head "Is everything about food, with you two?"

"Uh, most of the time yeah." He says, "Oh God! He hasn't taken all the turkey sandwiches has he?"

"Oh Fletch really?" She says, clearly getting pissed off.

"Okay, so he hasn't done that. So what's the matter?"

"He uh, he's gone." She replies, looking down at the table starting to go deep in thought.

"What, gone where?" He asks, confused.

Jac continues to stare into space, before Fletch clicks his fingers in her face "Earth, to Jac!"

Jac snaps back into reality, and looks at Fletch "What?"

"I asked, where did he go?"

"Well if I knew, I'd be looking for him wouldn't I? You moron." Jac says, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, okay sorry." Fletch replies, "Didn't know that anything I say, would make you moody did I?"

"Come on Fletch! It's common sense." She says, "If I knew where he was, I would go look for him."

She takes her phone out of her scrubs pocket, and starts to ring a number.

"This is Madani, you know what to do." The voicemail says.

She almost slams her phone down on the table, "When I get my hands on him I swear-"

"So he's missing?"

"Yeah, he rang me to say goodbye." She sighs, "You know what, get me some food."

"Like what?" Fletch says, confused.

"Uh, a box of donuts? A box of chocolate." She replies, "Something along the lines of that."

"I thought you said, that you didn't like things that were unhealthy." He replies, crossing his arms.

"Right now, I don't really care.." Jac says, sitting up "I'm going to sad eat."

"That's not a very good idea-" He starts to say, before she interrupts him.