Chapter 29 - I Think You Love Me

Kian sits by Jac's bedside, holding her hand and waiting for her to wake up.

"Hey, come on sleepyhead." He smiles "You've had enough rest, now."

"We are really missing you, and Emma has baked some cupcakes for you."

"But I doubt they are still, standing." He laughs "She probably ate them all."

"And Harriet is learning, to roll over and pick things up."

"I'll bring Emma, for you later." He smiles, standing up and kissing her forehead.

He walks out of the ICU, and into the corridor.

"Hey, how is she?" Sacha asks, approaching.

"Still not awake." Kian sighs, rubbing his head "So I'm going to bring Emma, later hopefully she'll help Jac wake up."

"Yeah, hopefully." Sacha says, patting Kian's shoulder "You're doing good."

"Thanks, Sacha." Kian smiles at him.

Sacha smiles back and walks past.

Kian gets the lift to Darwin and walks into the office, he locks the door and sits down at his desk - he wasn't coping, not without Jac by his side shouting at him for every reason on earth, including breathing.

He wants her to wake up so badly, so he could tell her how much he loves her and how much he'd do for her.

She was stable for now though, but for how long?

What if she took another turn?

No, don't think like that.

He starts to get panicky for a second, before he gets the tablets out of his drawer - the ones he had previously put in the bin, but he knew he needed them.

He looks at them and tries to resist for her, for Emma and for Harriet.

But can he?

Five hours later...

Sacha walks into ICU with Emma, as the school called and Kian was nowhere to been seen.

Emma sits next to Jac, and hugs her "Hi, mummy I still miss you."

"Uncle Sacha, is looking after me really good at the moment."

"And I made you these." Emma smiles, putting the cupcakes on the bedside table.

Sacha smiles at the girl sitting in front of him, she's grown up so much in the last few years.

"Right Emma, I think it's time to go home now." Sacha says, standing up.

Emma hugs Jac, and then kisses her "I love you mummy."

Emma takes Sacha's hand, and they start to walk away together.

"I....love....you.....too....baby." Says the broken up, voice.

Emma turns to see Jac awake, "Mummy!" Emma runs up to her, and hugs her tightly.

"I've missed you!" Emma says, hugging into her.

Jac smiles, at her daughter "I've...missed...you...too."

"I made these for you mummy." Emma says, passing Jac the cupcakes.

"Thank you." Jac smiles again, she rubs Emma's head.

"Mummy...is so sorry...for what she...did."

"It's okay mummy, you lived." Emma says, standing up.