Chapter 66 - Something To Do

"Jac, where are you going?" Sacha asks, poking his head out of the door.

"I-I uh have something to do." She replies, looking at the ground.

Sacha cocks his head at her confused, "If I tell you you'll try to stop me, and I don't want you to."

"Try to stop you what?!" He asks, "Jac please come and sit down."

"The baby, I'm going to terminate it." She sighs, "It's not like it's going to survive anyway is it?"

"But...." He goes to say before she interrupts him.

"But what? But what Sacha?" Jac replies looking up at him.

"Are you going to tell Kian?"

"No I'm going to tell him afterwards." She says, standing back up and going to walk out.

"Then I'll tell him, because he won't want you to kill the baby."

"Baby has a 5% chance of survival, it's not like they're going to survive is it?"

"Jac, you need to give them a chance. 5% it's something."

Jac rubs her head in a bit of stress,  "You don't have the right to tell me what to do, and you certainly don't have the right to tell Kian."

"Don't I?" Sacha replies, "He deserves to know what you're about to do."

"No he doesn't, so if you don't mind I'm going to go." She says, leaving the office and heading downstairs.

Sacha takes his phone out and rings Kian,  "Kian, there's something I need to tell you."

"Oh God, it's not Jac is it?" Kian asks.

"Uh yeah it is."

"What? She's not hurt is she?" He asks, frantic and confused.

"She's going to terminate."

"What? She's what?" Kian say shocked and stunned.

"Yeah, she's going to terminate baby B."

"Was she going to tell me? Ask for my opinion at any point?" He asks.

"She said she was going to do it, and then tell you." Sacha sighs, "I think she's going down now, so you have a chance to stop her.."

"Thanks Sacha." Kian says, hanging up and rushing out of the house.

Meanwhile..

Jac is sitting outside in the waiting room, feeling kind of nervous.

"Jac Naylor, room 2." The voice over the intercom says.

Jac gets up and walks into the room, where she is greeted by a doctor.

"Hi Jac, would you like to sit down?" The doctor asks, and Jac does so.

"So Jac you know there are questions I need to ask, before we go ahead with this."

"Yeah I know." Jac sighs, looking at the floor.

"Are you definitely sure this is what you want, and nothing else?"

"Yeah, this is what I need to do."

"Do you need any therapy?"

"Why would I need therapy?" Jac asks, sounding a bit amused but confused at this remark.

"Well it might affect you afterwards, it might be something for peace of mind."

"Look Doctor I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm not here to talk like pals or here so you can talk me out of it!"

"I'm not trying to do either of those things, I'm just making sure this is the best thing for you."

"Then give me the damn pills!" Jac says, getting a bit upset and angry.

The doctor grabs two pills from the cabinet, "Take this one later today, this first pill will start it off."

"And then this second pill, will complete the process."

Jac nods her head, and puts the pills in her pocket.

She leaves the room, and bumps into Kian who's finally arrived.

"Kian? What are you doing here?" She asks, putting her hands in her pocket.

"Sacha told me, what you're planning to do." He sighs, "I want to stop you, I want you to give this baby a chance."

"Why should I?" Jac asks, crossing her arms.

"Because they have one, they have a chance. And I love you."

"You think love is going to change anything?" She asks, upset "I'm going ahead with this."

"So you're getting rid of both of them?"

"It's what's best, we can't have anymore kids."

"You wanted these kids Jac! You fought hard for them and now you're giving up on them already?"

Jac takes one of the pills out of her pocket, and takes it.

"Yeah, I am." She replies, walking away angrily.

Kian sighs and hits the wall in anger.

Jac goes back to the Ward and Nicky greets her.

"Miss Naylor, patient in bay 3." She says, "Needs your expertise."

Jac nods and walks to the bay, "Hi, I'm your consultant Jac Naylor."

"Hi." The patient replies, "Oh congrats by the way!"

"On what?" Jac asks, confused.

"The baby!" The patient replies, "I can tell."

"Right great thank you." Jac says, walking away "McKendrick get blood tests done now."

She walks back into her office, and notices the framed photo on Kian's desk.

It's the baby scan, the most recent one.

A small smile escapes her lips, and there's a knock on the door.

Sacha walks in, "Jac."

"What? What do you want now?" She asks, sitting at her desk.

"Did you do it?" He says, "Did Kian get there in time?"

"Yeah I did it, I did it because I can't do this again."

"I can't watch another one of my babies suffer, not again."

Sacha hugs her tightly "It's okay, you won't go through any of this alone."

"Kian's here for you, he loves you."

"I don't think he does, not anymore." Jac replies, a single tear starting to fall down her cheek.

"He does, he'd do anything for you. He cares about the babies but he cares about you too, he'd lay down his life for you."

Jac sighs and looks at the ground, "He would, wouldn't he?"

Sacha looks at her, and smiles "You still have time to fix this don't you?"

She needs to go find him.

She starts to feel sick to her stomach, what had she done?

She rushes to the bathroom, to try to be sick.

But has the pill already taken affect?