Chapter 21 - She'll Be Fine

Kian takes Harriet back off of Emma, and places her back in her cot.

Emma, goes back to playing with her toys and Kian watches Jac peacefully sleep - or so he thinks.

He goes to sit on the edge of her bed, when he realises something is wrong.

"Jac?" He says, no response.

He starts to shake her, still with no response.

"Emma, can you go outside with the nanny?" Kian asks, as Emma nods and leaves.

Kian rushes up to a midwife, "I need help, she's unconscious."

"Okay." The midwife replies, as she walks in and checks on Jac "Right, I'm taking her to surgery now."

"What's wrong?" Kian asks, concerned.

"I'm sorry it's not the time to tell you, I need to get her to surgery now or she'll have serious consequences." The midwife says, as Jac is wheeled down to surgery.

Kian sits on the bed bewildered, he looks over and sees Harriet is awake.

He stands up and walks over to her, he picks her up and smiles. Kian sits back down on the bed, and plays with her tiny fingers.

"Your mummy's going to be fine." He says, "She's not going to die, she's a fighter. Just like you'll be, when you grow up to be big and strong."

Harriet gurgles at this, and then starts to cry "Hey, there's no need to do that is there?" He says, holding her against his shoulder and rubbing her back.

"Are you hungry?" Kian asks "Well as mummy isn't here, I'll have to bottle feed you."

Kian puts her back in her cot, and starts warming up a bottle for her - he was so worried for Jac, he hopes she'll come back from surgery.

Eventually the bottle is warmed up enough, and he squirts it on his wrist. Just to check.

He picks her back up again, and starts to feed her. She latches on straight away, and starts feeding like no tomorrow.

"Oh, you've got a hunger like daddy then?" He says, amused by the tiny human in his arms.

The midwife walks back in "Mr. Madani, she's being taken to recovery. She was sicker than we thought, but she will recover."

"What was wrong with her?" He asks, slowly standing up.

"She haemorrhaged, it went unnoticed." She replies "She should be fine, but there will most likely be fertility issues in the future."

"Okay, thank you." He says, "Can I go see her?"

"Yeah, in an hour or so." She replies, walking out.

Kian sighs, and looks down at Harriet "See what did I tell you?"

"No don't look at me like that, I am not breaking any rules to go and see her now." He replies, even though he knows he wants to.

Sacha walks in "I heard." He says, standing in the doorway.

"Yeah, shes in recovery." Kian replies, smiling "She should recover."

"So, can I meet the little bean?" Sacha asks, looking at the baby in Kian's arms.

"Yeah, of course." Kian says passing, her to Sacha.

"So, what's the little bean's name?" Sacha says, "For some reason, no ones told me."

"She's called Harriet." Kian smiles, as Sacha strokes Harriet's fine hair.

"Well I must say, she looks like a mix of both of you." Sacha smiles back at him.

An hour later...

Kian walks into the recovery room, where Jac is being kept for the moment.

He sits beside her bed, and watches her she's peaceful again.

"Jac I'm sorry for everything that's happened, and I just want you to know." He starts "That I love you, so much."

"I love you too." She manages to get out.

"Jac..you're awake?" He says, excited.

"Yeah, I knew you'd do a love confession." She smiles, over at him.

"I really do love you, though." He says, taking her hand.

Jac looks away a second before looking back at him "Well then, let's get married."

"What?"

"I want to marry you."

"When?" He asks, shocked.

"Now, whenever." She says, "How's Harriet and Emma?"

"They're both fine." He smiles, kissing her forehead.

"The chapel, get the chapel ready." Jac says "I want to get married, now."

"Now?" He asks, astonished.

"Well maybe not right now."

"Why  waste another minute?" She says "Let's become a proper, family."

"Yeah." He smiles.

Kian lays down on the bed next to her, and they kiss for a second. Before they cuddle, and fall asleep together.