Eight

What a day.

The wedding never happened. Almost everyone had gone home — only the closest friends and family were left behind to clean up everything.

William along with my mum and Marco's parents had left with Marco to get him checked into a rehabilitation centre in London.

It was a three-month stay where they go through twelve steps to help him get better.

Before they left, I hugged him as tight as I could, and told him that everything was going to be okay.

I had managed to convince him to tell William, because they are engaged, and William completely snapped.

Marco's uncle is now at St. Mungos, getting checked out in a hospital bed and he's also been kicked out of their family, by both Marco's grandparents but also Marco's dad who's the uncles brother.

Marco's uncle is not pressing charges against William, probably because he's scared of what he did being slipped to the ministry.

I'm sitting on the steps in the garden — the steps that leads up to the garden doors.

A few people were cleaning up in the garden — that being Grayson, Eleanor, Charlotte and Robin.

I heard footsteps behind me, and then someone sat down next to me on the steps. I looked at the person but looked away again when I saw George.

He didn't say anything. He simply sat next to me, his arms resting over his bend knees and his hands folded.

I didn't say anything either. I looked down at the ground, taking a deep breath as I once again saw Marco's face in my head, along with some of the things he said before he left to go to rehab.

"I know you say you're happy, but I don't buy that. I don't think you've been truly happy since he left."

It pains me. He's struggling, yet he's still thinking about me and my love life. He's too good for this world and it hurts knowing that someone hurt him and that he's in so much pain.

"Are you okay?" George asked after a while, gently nudging me with his elbow.

"No." I shook my head and brought a hand up to pinch the bridge of my nose as I started crying.

I rested my head on his shoulder and felt him hesitate before he wrapped his arm around me to comfort me.

God he smells amazing.

George rested his head against mine as his hand played with my hair and moved it out of my face.

"He's gonna be okay." He assured me, caressing my cheek and when I noticed how comfortable and relaxed it made me feel, I also realised how wrong it was.

I sat up straight, moving away from George for a moment before I stood up.

I hurried inside to find Timothy but when I couldn't see him anywhere, I decided to ask Fred who was helping put away plates.

"Hey." I said, approaching him. He looked at me and smiled as he continued. "Have you seen Timothy anywhere? I need to speak to him."

"No... didn't he go with Marco—"

I shook my head.

"He stayed back because of Robin." I said with a sigh.

"Timothy left." Lee commented as he entered the dining room. "Said something about being tired so he went home."