One-hundred and seventy-nine

Right... so I'm sorry 'bout the last chapter.

Hope you can forgive me.

And yes, Eleanor was on the list I made of people who wouldn't die, but I honestly forgot all about that list...

-

Eleanor died on her birthday.

It was in the middle of the night, May second. She was sixteen when she died. My baby sister only got to turn sixteen.

I repeatedly brushed my fingers through her hair as she laid on the blanket in the Great Hall. George was by my side, and the part of my family who were here, were surrounding El.

Dad hadn't said a word since we brought her inside. Neither had William.

"It's covered in blood." I mumbled, staring at my shoe. "I'm covered in blood."

Marco who had been standing next to William, made his way over to crouch down in front of me, placing his hands on my knees which made me flinch.

I looked at him.

"C'mon." He said. "Let's go get some air."

"No..." I muttered, looking at Eleanor as I continued to stroke her hair. I looked at Marco again.

"Do you remember when we were kids?" I asked. "We were going for a swim in the black lake and Cedric almost drowned, but we just laughed because it looked funny."

Marco and George exchanged a look, but I ignored it.

"I miss being a child." I said in a whisper, closing my eyes before I let myself lean against George. "I just want to go to sleep. I'm tired."

George wrapped an arm around me and planted a kiss on my head.

"Can we go home now? I don't want to do this anymore."

I knew it wasn't possible for us to leave now. We had to stay and finish this, but I felt so tired, so mentally drained. Exhausted.

Then the voice filled the room again, causing everyone to be alert again. The voice was so clear. It was weird.

Though I kept my head resting against George, not ever wanting to let go of him.

"Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone. The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My death eaters outnumber you and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle, now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live, and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together."

There was a silence as people sobbed.

Harry was dead?

We had lost?

We had lost...

Everyone started to get up and walk into the courtyard and so did we. Though I made sure to kiss Eleanor's forehead before I did as well.

I held George's hand tightly, not daring to let go. Marco was on my other side, holding Will's hand, their fingers laced together.

"No!"

It was McGonagall who screamed once we were outside. All death eaters were lined up, Voldemort in front. They had Hagrid, having him carry Harry in his arms.

Bellatrix Lestrange laughed. She was laughing because of McGonagall's outburst.

"No!" Hermione screamed.

"No!" Ron followed.

"Harry!" Ginny screamed. "Harry!"

They all cried, but so did most of us. I couldn't stop. Everything was lost.

"Silence!" Voldemort yelled, causing the grounds to go completely silent. "It is over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet , where he belongs!"

Hagrid walked over and put Harry down.

"You see?" Voldemort said. "Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"

"He beat you!" Ron yelled and suddenly, everyone on our side started screaming and yelling.

Voldemort raised his wand and a boom made everyone go quiet again.

"He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds." Voldemort explained. "Killed while trying to save himself—"

Suddenly Neville lunged forward, charging at Voldemort which caused him to be sent flying back until he landed on the ground.

Voldemort disarmed him, then laughed.

"And who is this?" He asked. "Who has volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?"

Bellatrix laughed again.

"It is Neville Longbottom, my Lord! The boy who has been giving the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Aurors, remember?"

"Ah, yes, I remember." Voldemort continued, looking down at Neville. "But you are a pure-blood, aren't you, my brave boy?"

"So what if I am?" Neville asked, struggling to get back on his feet.

"You show spirit, and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom"

"I'll join you when hell freezes over!" Neville said. "Dumbledore's Army!"

There was cheers coming from the crowd, coming from most of the DA members.

"Very well." Voldemort said. "If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head... be it."

Voldemort waved his wand, and next all the windows of the castle shattered completely. I flinched, grabbing onto George's arm as he moved to wrap it around me instead.

Then the sorting hat came flying through one of the windows, landing in Voldemort's hand.

"There will be no more sorting at Hogwarts School." He said. "There will be no houses. The emblem, shield and colours of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone, won't they, Neville Longbottom?"

He pointed his wand at Neville and the hat flew over to be placed on his head.

"Neville here is now going to demonstrate what happens to anyone foolish enough to continue to oppose me."

The hat went into flames and Neville started screaming.

My eyes widened, but no one could do anything.

Then something happened that made everyone gasp. Harry who was supposed to be dead, jumped to his feet and everyone roared while running back towards the castle.

The war wasn't over yet.

So many things were happening. Then we were running back to the castle but I just managed to see Neville get the hat off, pull out a sword and cut the head off the snake.

Then we were all back at fighting.

George kissed me before he went in one direction and I went in the other.

I was looking for Carrington.

-

I'm gonna go to bed, because I have to get up early, meet my teacher and get me ready for my exam this month.

Don't hate me forever!

I love you all.

Goodnight!