Sixty-eight

The reason I didn't update yesterday, is because I spent the day in Copenhagen with my friends.

Then at night, we were drinking in my apartment, I got drunk and I actually cut my finger pretty badly on a bottle.

I'm currently hungover, my head is killing me but I wanted to write this chapter for you all.

I hope you like it!

-

Allie

Seeing Marco and William walk down the aisle together, both wearing suits, made my heart melt.

They were holding hands, fingers intertwined. William was slightly taller than Marco, being 193 centimetres as Marco was 191 centimetres.

I'm surrounded by fucking giants.

George was standing behind me, his tall figure hovering over me. He was one of Marco's groomsmen as well as Fred, Timothy and Robin, and I was Marco's best woman.

At the last moment, Marco had convinced William to let Caroline run up the aisle with a basket full of rose petals.

Mum was in charge of the ceremony. Seeing as Marco and Will are a gay couple, it can't be an actual wedding. There's no marriage license to be signed afterwards, it's simply a ceremony, rings and titles being exchanged.

Marco will be changing his name from Partridge to Partridge-Silverberry which I know he's excited about.

My eyes stayed glued to two of my favourite people in the world, as mum spoke, announcing the ceremony and why we were gathered.

Then as William started on his vows, I felt George's hand find mine behind my back, automatically making me smile even more.

"It's no secret that I'm kind of an asshole." William started his vows with one sentence that made people in the crowd laugh. Mostly because everyone knew it was true.

"Kind of?" Marco asked and cocked an eyebrow. "Bitch you are—"

Then he noticed the way mum looked at him and he shut up to let Will continue.

"It's also no secret that when it comes to my sexuality, it's been a rollercoaster for me to figure it out." William continued. "And unfortunately, I let that hurt you at one point, but Marcus... Marco... something I've learned while being with you, is that talking about the things that upset you, isn't the worst thing in the world."

Marco snickered before breaking into a smile.

"Do you wanna do it?"

Do what?

"Okay." William sighed before the two turned towards everyone on the benches — family and friends. "So... we thought we'd give our coming out another chance."

William let out a chuckle and looked at Marco who looked way too excited.

"We're not straight." Marco said. "So uh... sorry mum and dad. We needed to get that off our chest in case you were still wondering."

As everyone laughed, Marco looked at Will like he was proud of his own joke.

"Alright, sorry for interrupting." Marco said, turning to Will again. "Babe, continue."

Will chuckled, holding one of Marco's hands while looking down at it.

"What I'm trying to say is... that you've always been there for me, Marco. Even when you were only Allie's friend. I've always known you liked me, even before I came out as gay, but I never really appreciated you as much as I do now." My brother said. "If someone insulted me, you didn't even hesitate to jump in and defend me, even when I was only your best friends brother."

It all seems like such a lifetime ago. Marco always talking about William, telling me how beautiful he found him. I'd always roll my eyes. At first I didn't mind that he was into my brother because I never thought Will would like him back.

Then it did happen and at first I didn't like it and found it a bit odd, but I quickly realised just how much they liked each other, and I didn't want to be in the way of that.

"I'll promise you, that I will be a better husband than I have been a boyfriend." William said. "I'll be there for you whenever you need it. Through sickness and health, right?"

Marco who had obviously been tearing up, wiped his eyes with a sniff as he chuckled.

"You've never been just Allie's brother." Marco said, taking William's hands again. "From the first time she introduced us, I looked up to you. You were on top of your year, you were a Gryffindor student and you were on the Quidditch team. You were everything I wanted to be and you weren't even that much older than me. Only seven months."

I laced my fingers with George's behind my back, giving his hand a small squeeze.

Something had been on his mind today and I had a feeling I knew what it was so I wanted him to know I was here for him.

"William, I'm gonna apologise in advance, because having to live the rest of your life with me, will not only be exhausting, but you'll most likely end up in a mental ward before you turn thirty." Marco said which made William and a few other people laugh. "Though, I won't apologise for everything else that comes with it. I can promise you, big guy... you'll be absolutely spoiled. Even more than you already are. I'll make sure you never regret marrying me."

William said something to Marco that was only audible to the two of them, but it made Marco smile.

"William Augustus Grant Silverberry." Mum smiled at her son. "Do you take Marcus Pablo Partridge to be your husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and to honour him all the days in your life?"

Will smiled at Marco.

"I do."

"Marcus Pablo Partridge." Mum now looked at Marco. "Do you take William Augustus Grant Silverberry to be your husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and to honour him all the days in your life?"

"I do." Marco answered without hesitation.

I'm going to cry.

Mum smiled sweetly before looking towards her brother who had the rings.

"The rings, please?"

Uncle Raymond stepped forward and Will and Marco each took each other's rings.

"William, repeat after me." Mum said, and he did exactly that.

"Marco, receive this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit."

William slid the ring onto Marco's finger and it was now Marco's turn to repeat after mum.

"Will, receive this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit."

As Marco slid the ring onto William's finger, the two looked at each other, and I felt my heart melt at how happy they both looked.

They deserve this.

"And now, by the power invested in me by my son and my son-in-law who chose me to stand here today... I hereby pronounce you husband... and husband." Mum couldn't stop smiling. She was glowing which was both from happiness of seeing Will get married, but it was also the pregnancy. "You may now kiss."

The guests cheered as Marco and William kissed each other, and at the same time, I leaned my head back to look at George.

I smiled and as he noticed me, he smiled as well.

He moved his free hand up to rub the nape of my neck and while I straightened up my head, I instead turned it to still look at him.

'I love you' I mouthed in which he simply responded by pressing a kiss to my lips.