One-hundred and sixty-three

Marco slept most of the time, and when he was awake, he wouldn't say a word. Then he'd fall asleep again.

William didn't leave his side. Only once to get him some things from home but other than that, he stayed. He kept talking to Marco about different things, trying to get him to feel just a little better, but I hadn't heard Marco talk since Carrington was hurting me and he yelled at her to stop.

Fred was here most of the time as well as Blake. Angie had been here too and Lee came with fast food the first day we were here.

Said that he didn't think that hospital food would be enough to get us fat after being starved nearly to death. I laughed while Marco laid in his bed, staring into the room with no expression and without saying a word.

"Marco?" I asked, pushing the curtain away before approaching the bed.

He didn't acknowledge me — didn't even look my way. He just stared into the room as he laid on his back. He had no expression on his face, not even sadness or fright.

I walked over to sit in the chair next to his bed. I shouldn't be out of bed, definitely not walking, but I needed to talk to him even if he didn't respond.

George was using the toilet. If he saw me out of bed, he'd drag me straight back.

"How are you?" I asked, sitting down. I grabbed his hand and he simply let me, but he never looked at me. "I'm sorry—"

I frowned.

"...that was a stupid question."

William and Timothy were both asleep on the other side of his bed, which was why I used this as an opportunity to talk to him.

"I'm really sorry I couldn't do anything." I said. "Are you in a lot of pain still?"

Silence.

"Please say something." I said quietly, studying his hand while holding it. "Please."

Instead of answering, he pulled his hand away from me and moved to lie on his side, his back turned to me.

I wanted to cry.

I didn't like this.

I needed him.

"Allie." Timothy said, making me jump slightly before I looked at him. He smiled comfortably at me. "Just... give him some time. He'll be ready to talk when he's been able to process everything."

"I know." I muttered, looking down at my lap. Timothy stood up, walking around to join me.

"C'mon... let me help you back to bed."

I let him help me up and carefully help me back to bed. I crawled underneath the duvet while Timothy sat down on the chair by the bed.

"What happened to the two of you?" He asked. "Marco hasn't said a word and you haven't talked about it."

I looked at him before looking down.

I couldn't tell him. I couldn't even tell George. Some things, I'd be able to discuss but this...

Something happened and it was humiliating for the both of us.

I can't talk about that.

"Nothing more than what you already know." I shrugged, staring down at the duvet. "What you've seen."

He sighed.

"It's fine that you don't want to tell me." He said. "Hopefully you and Marco will be able to talk about it together though. You can't walk with it alone."