Sixteen

"Well that was awkward." George closed the door behind him, and I glanced up from behind my book, chuckling.

"What did he say?" I asked while he crawled onto the bed, collapsing next to me while wrapping his arm around my stomach.

"Nothing. He simply stared me down." He chuckled, scooting closer to me.

He pressed a kiss to my shoulder before sighing as he closed his eyes.

"You tired?" I asked softly, brushing my fingers through his hair while using my other hand to hold the book.

"No." He said, though yawned immediately. He slid his hand underneath my shirt, running it along my skin. "Can I ask you a question?"

When I hummed, George sat up and snatched the book from my hands. Immediately I looked at him, wondering what he was doing.

He grabbed the bookmark from my nightstand and marked the page before he put the book on top of the pile underneath the nightstand.

"These." He ran his hand under my shirt again, pushing it up a little to look at the butterflies tattooed into my skin. "What do they mean?"

I ran my own fingers over the butterflies before looking at George who was now watching my facial expressions.

"They symbolise change, beauty and freedom." I said. "In my case, I got them not only to try and cover the scars, but also because I've come a long way from being sixteen and being in an abusive relationship to now being able to take no shit from people who treat me like garbage."

George smiled, grasping my jaw before he kissed me. I kissed him back for the few seconds it lasted, before he decided to lie between my legs, head resting against my ribs.

I chuckled as he made himself comfortable, closing his eyes.

"You good?" I asked. "Comfortable?"

He hummed in response, blindly moving his hand up to find mine, and once he did, he laced our fingers together while my other hand found it's way to his hair.

"I've missed you." He whispered while I tugged at his hair before continuing to run my fingers to his neck.

"I've missed— wait." I said, propping myself up on my elbows which made George lift his head and look at me. "We had drunken sex that neither one of us can remember, right?"

"Looks like it, yeah." He nodded, bringing a hand up to bop my nose before chuckling, making me smile.

"Alright... but did we use protection?" I asked. "Because I am not on the pill and I think I'm ovulating at the moment."

George's eyes widened before he slowly stood up on his knees, staring at the wall while thinking.

"I don't carry a condom anymore so I doubt we would have used one." He said, running a few fingers over his lips before hurrying off the bed. "Let's go! We need to go get that pill that kills."

The pill that kills.

"George!" I shrieked as he made his way towards the door. I sat up straight and wrapped my arms around my knees as he turned around to look at me. "There is nothing to kill. Do you even know how the morning after pill works?"

George shrugged, placing his hands on his hips.

"How would I know how the pill works?"

I smiled, tilting my head at him. I had missed him. We just got back together but it already felt like we never broke up.

Everything had always felt so comfortable and natural with him.

"It delays the egg that is supposed to be fertilised." I said. "So basically, your sperm is now in my ovaries, waiting for an egg but if I take the morning after pill, it delays the egg so that the sperm dies and never reaches the egg."