Thirty-nine

George had asked me to move in with him.

Well, first I asked if I could stay with him and Fred for a while when we got back from spending Christmas at the Burrow, because I didn't want to live under the same roof as William as long as he was acting like a hormonal teenager.

He is a teenager but still...

He's turning twenty in six months so he should act like that and now like a thirteen-year-old.

Then George asked me to move in permanently and I said yes, because after all... we are engaged.

Fred's first response was; "you mean I have to look at her face every day?"

I hit him in the head and he laughed but apologised for being mean to me.

"What are you doing?" Will asked as I barged into my room, found my trunk and threw it on the bed.

He and Marco both showed up in the doorway to my room, watching as I started to pack my clothes first.

"Allie?" Will asked when I didn't respond. "What are you— you don't need all of your clothing for the holidays. You're staying there for what— a week?"

"I don't think she's packing it for the holidays."
Marco told him. "Allie, babe... you moving out?"

"That's exactly what I'm doing." I nodded. "George asked me to move in with him and Fred."

"You go girl!" Marco praised. "Go live with your fiancé!"

I froze and heard Marco gasp. The boy just outed me to my brother whom I wasn't exactly friends with right now.

"Huh?" Will asked while I turned to look at them.

"Shit, I'm sorry Allie." Marco said. I sighed and shook my head while I shrugged.

"You and George are engaged?"

"He proposed last night." I said. "I said yes. We're getting married and I'm moving in with him and Fred."

I turned back towards my trunk as I continued to pack. When I had filled it up with half of my clothing, I found my second trunk and filled it as well while William and Marco watched.

"Are you still mad at me?" Will asked. "I said I was sorry."

"Yeah." I breathed. "You know who also keeps apologising every time he acts like a prick? ...dad."

Will scoffed.

"I'm not dad."

"Nope." I shook my head. "You're just his son. Not only do you look like him, you're starting to act like him and I don't want to be associated with a younger version of him."

"Don't— I'm not like him, Allie. I've spent my whole life trying to be the opposite of him, trying to protect you and the girls from people like him."

I sighed before summoning my wand, flicking it to make my things pack themselves so I could talk to William.

"You know what Eleanor told me?" I asked. "She hates you because you're turning into dad."

William looked away, making a face as I spoke, and Marco glanced at him without saying anything.

"I don't care if that hurts to hear." I said. "But if you want to change it, you need to heat the truth. You are starting to act like him and I don't like it, Eleanor doesn't like it and I don't think Charlotte likes it either."

He folded his arms over his chest as he leaned against the doorframe, staring at the floor.

"I'm sorry—"