Sixty-two

Whenever we're at some kind of party, gathering... whatever, Marco is basically the centre of the whole thing. He knows how to make himself seen, heard... basically he's the expert in being noticed.

He cracks jokes, he's laughing harder than ever and it's nice to see him happy. I know he's been through so much since he was a little boy, yet he's here now, nineteen years old, laughing his ass off while sitting one on of the sofa's, between his Timothy and Charlotte.

Fred and Lee were sharing the other sofa, sitting awkwardly next to each other. They were sharing a few words, but it did seem to be pretty awkward between the two.

It sucked.

I remember all of us being friends in the last two years of school. I remember how we could all sit and laugh with each other, having fun and enjoying each other's company.

Now, they were each-others ex-boyfriends and it was obvious they didn't know how to be friends anymore. It was also obvious that Lee did in fact still love Fred as more than just a friend. Why he told Fred he wasn't in love anymore, is truly a mystery.

My mum and Marco's mum Rosalind were in the kitchen together, both cooking while discussing their family lives. Robin was in there with them.

My dad was not here... obviously. Though someone else was, and he was talking to Marco and Timothy's dad Silas.

Reed Dunbar.

Father of Fay Dunbar.

All I know about him is that he is mum's colleague, but I've got absolutely no idea why he's here for Marco and Timothy's birthday.

Eleanor was in her room.

Mum says she hasn't been feeling good for days and mostly wants to be left alone. I know it's important for her that people support her and she's gotten mostly that. Mum supported her straight away, making sure she knew what she was doing while also telling her her own opinion.

I believe dad surprisingly supported her as well. He hated the idea of his now fifteen-year-old daughter being pregnant, but in the end, he supports her. As I've mentioned, William ended up supporting her as well.

He told me that at the hospital.

George was currently standing behind the sofa, leaning on it while Marco was annoying the hell out of him, continuously poking him in the throat and in the chest.

Smiling at how lovely the atmosphere was, I moved my way into the foyer and up the stairs. I wanted to check on Eleanor – make sure she was okay. You know, she's my little sister, she's only fifteen, she's pregnant. As an older sister, I feel obligated to check up on her and make sure she's not harming herself mentally.

I know her and Charlotte are struggling due to some other reasons. Mum is bringing dad to court to gain full custody and while both the girls love dad, considering his issues as a father, they still want him to be their dad, they still want him to have custody.

I don't know who I agree with.

I know dad loves all four of us, possibly even Grayson. Though I get where mum's coming from. Dad has been messing up one too many times and mum wants the girls to be in a safe environment. She knows what dad's past behaviour has done to Will and I, our mental health.

"El?" I called softly, knocking on the white wooden door to her bedroom. At first, I didn't hear anything, but then I heard shuffling and the door was opened. Eleanor was in her pyjamas, her bed was unmade and a book was laid on it.

"I'm not coming downstairs." she said, wrapping her arms around herself. "I don't care whose birthday it is. I'm not coming down."

"I wasn't coming to get you." I assured her. "Can I come in? I just want to talk for a minute?"