Twenty-five

George

"Mate, how about this one?" Fred asked, sounding tired as he stared at one underneath the counter.

"We've already looked at that one." I said. "It needs to feel right."

"And what if she doesn't like it, huh?" He asked. "Why are you even doing this? You just got back together. Wait a year or so."

I shook my head.

"I've loved her since I was twelve." I explained. "I finally got to date her when I was sixteen and now I'm four months from turning nineteen. I talked to mum and she said you know it when you know it... I know this is what I want and I can't tell if it's what she wants, but I'll take the chance."

Fred leaned on the counter, grinning at me as I looked at a ring through the glass in the top of the counter.

"You really love her, huh?"

I scoffed.

"You only discovered that now?"

He chuckled and approached me to look at the ring that had caught my eye.

"It's going to be expensive."

"She's worth it."

Fred hummed and tapped his fingers against the glass.

"I think she'd like that one." He said. "It's simple but not completely simple... it's got diamonds and—"

"I can see that, Freddie." I said. "You don't have to tell me what it looks like."

"Well I am very sorry." He held up his hands in surrender. "I'm just saying that I think she'd like it."

I nodded.

"Yeah." I breathed. "I think this is it."

After I bought the ring, Fred and I left the shop and I sighed as we headed for the leaky cauldron.

"How are you gonna do it?"

"That's the thing." I breathed. "I want it to be be perfect so I'm thinking sometime after Christmas in the spot where everything started."

"The spot where the Quidditch World Cup was held?" Fred asked. "The Trillenium Stadium?"

I nodded.

"That's when she saw me for the first time." I said. "I mean, she knew who I was but we never talked unless we were being competitive during a match. At the World Cup, she saw me."

Fred chuckled.

"Oh, dear brother of mine." He breathed. "You're so gone, but you're not much of a romantic. Proposing to her in the spot where she was almost stamped to death."

Allie

"George!" I smiled as he walked through the door to the flat while I was cooking. "Come, you need to taste this."

"What is it?" He asked, joining me in kitchen. I dipped a spoon in the soup and held a hand over it as I moved it to his mouth. He tasted it before humming in approval. "That's good... what is it?"

"Soup."

"I can tell." He laughed. "What's in it, I meant."

"Oh." I muttered. "It's tomato soup with roasted red pepper and goat cheese."

He nodded, watching me as I put the spoon in the sink and turned off the stove, then pushed the pot off the hot one.

"Alright, why are you looking at me like that?" I asked and turned towards George.

"How am I looking at you?" He asked. "Like I love you? Because I do love you."

"I know you do." I reached up and grabbed his jaw, moving it from side to side which made him chuckle. "And I love you too."

George grabbed my hand and removed it from his face before bringing his lips to mine, kissing me deeply while holding onto my hand.

I placed my hand on the nape of his neck, pulling him closer while he backed me up against the wall. He grabbed my other hand and pinned the both of them to the wall.

Our tongues met and George used his foot to spread mine apart before I felt his thigh push between mine, pressing up against my core.

I whimpered at the feeling which made George smile against my lips.

"Ooh, soup!"

George and I broke apart at the sound of Marco, seeing him ignore us and head straight for the food.

"Babe, you cooked this?"

"No, George did." I joked, making Marco laugh, but George frowned and folded his arms as he looked at me. "What? You're not the best cook."

"Why thank you very much." He placed a hand against his heart. I chuckled and tiptoed, kissing his cheek before I walked over to grab some bowls from the cabinet.

"Where's Will?" I asked Marco who was about to stick a finger into the soup before I swatted it away. "Don't do that. You haven't even washed your hands."

"Okay, mum." He rolled his eyes and pushed past George to get to the sink. "Where've you been all day? I couldn't find you and four."

"Oh, we uh—" I glanced at George as he spoke. "...we had some errands to run in London."

"What errands?" I asked. "Buying me a Christmas present, are we?"

I popped his nose, making him laugh.

"Something like that." He said, licking his lips as I poured soup into the four bowls.

"To answer your question, Will's out buying me one of those... phones." Marco said, grabbing the first bowl I rolled, then grabbed a spoon before he walked over to sit at the table. "I have no idea what they look like or how to work them, but apparently he does."

"What's a phone?" George asked while I handed him the second bowl that I filled, along with a spoon.

"Alright, did neither of you listen in muggle studies?" I asked. "It's muggle technology. They don't use owls to communicate. They've got these telephones to call each other."

"I never took muggle studies." George said as he took a seat next to Marco. "I was tired enough from hearing my dad always talk about muggle stuff."

I chuckled, sitting down in front of George.

"A phone is also called a telephone. There're these phones that are quite big and that you can bring with you around but he most popular ones are the ones you keep in your home. Every phone has its own number and other people can type that number on their own phone to reach a person and then you just talk to each other through it as if you were in the same room."

"We should totally get that." Marco said, causing me to look at him weirdly.

"Didn't you just say that Will was out buying you one?" I asked.

"Oh yeah." He grinned, both George and I looking at him weirdly.

"Anyway." I breathed. "Marco, you're birthday is next month—"

"No shit." He chuckled. "So what? I turn nineteen... it's just a birthday."

"Yeah, well... I don't know what to get you." I said. "So—"

"Have a baby." He said. "Get yourself pregnant, have a baby and make me the godfather."

What...

George choked on his soup before coughing into his fist while I stared at Marco with a blank expression.

"See—" I chuckled. "...that's a great idea but I was thinking more like... an object or something else you'd like. Maybe a new broom so we can play some one-on-one quidditch or get everyone to join and make two teams out of it."

Marco narrowed his eyes at me, leaning back in his hair, then a small devilish smile spread on his face.

"You could always get me a puppy."