Fourteen

"Did you two fuck?"

George and I both paused on our way to the table where Marco sat in the visitors room of the facility where he was.

William was going to visit Marco tomorrow because he had to be in court at the ministry to help get Carrington sentenced.

I have to be there to testify against her next week. Hopefully they were going to give her life in Azkaban.

"Seriously?" I asked. "We haven't even sat down."

"And don't bother sitting if you don't have some good news for me." Marco said before looking at George. "Five... have you or have you not had sex with Allie in the last couple of weeks?"

George and I sat down across from Marco, and I pulled a leg up on the chair, laying it horizontally with my foot under my thigh and my knee touching George's thigh.

"How is that relevant?" George chuckled. "No hello, no how are you... you jump straight to a question about sex."

Marco hummed.

"Hmm... to be honest, my good friend, what did you expect? You're speaking to Marcus Pablo Partridge, soon-to-be Silverberry."

"Oh, I know." George laughed before he looked at me. "Why does he want us to have sex?"

I shrugged.

"Cause he's Marco. He told me not to come back unless you and I had fucked."

"And... wait, he knows we're not together, right?"

I nodded.

"But it's Marco, he's dumb."

George and I both chuckled, watching each other for another moment before looking at Marco who was leaned back in his chair, knees spread, his hands folded on his stomach, and one eyebrow cocked in an accusing expression.

"I'm dumb?" He asked. "You two are sitting there, looking at each other like there's no one else in the world but then you go on and claim you're not together?"

George ran his fingers over his lips as he thought about it, then the both of them looked at me as if waiting for me to say something.

"What?" I asked in annoyance. "I've said this a million times but I am not ready. I just got out of a relationship and honestly, I haven't been proper single for years. I was sixteen when I got my first boyfriend and shortly after that, I went into dating you—"

I gestured towards George.

"...and when we broke up, I went on to Timothy. I had a fear of being alone but now I'm embracing the single life."

"What single life?" George scoffed with a playful expression on his face. "You mean kissing me, telling me you still love me? That sounds like setting a goal for a relationship and then you wouldn't be able to properly embrace the single life."

I sat up straight, turning to George.

"You got your healing." I said, poking him in the shoulder. "Now I want mine."

"Is that a new tattoo?" Marco said as he sat with his head under the table, looking at my ankles.

"Marco, what the hell." I laughed. "Yeah, it's a giraffe, got it last week... why are you under the table?"

He sat back up, shrugging.

"Wanted to see what kind of shoes you were wearing." He said. "If they were new. None of you are allowed to go on with your lives while I'm stuck in this shit hole."